Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. This my first Toyota Camry that I've ever purchased (second Toyota vehicle overall). I purchased an SE a month ago and I like it so far. Unfortunately, it looks like the front driver side fender well (please correct me if it's not the correct part name) became detached from the fasteners.

A buddy of mine has a 2018 XSE 4-cylinder and has the same problem. Both were purchased from the same dealer. I'm not sure if I hit something. I tried reattaching it, but to no avail. I'll be visiting the dealer to look at this.

Anyone else on the forum run into this in the short time with their new Camry?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Normally when those are detached it's caused by hitting a curb during parking.

If fasteners are still there and nutplates are good then I'm assuming the nut plates are detached from bumper and nothing JB Liquid weld and an appropriate sized washer can't fix.

My 2015 is lowered and I make it a habit to park 2-4 feet from a curb in a drive up parking spot. I think the 2018's are naturally lowered (but still should clear a curb) two known anomolys from same dealership is the mystery?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
CamRod1
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing