Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am new to the whole toyota scene... so heres my questions... does anybody else other than CUSCO make an LSD for the 1986 corolla GTS 16v? also if i need to put a new motor in it what would be a good motor to put in it... would the new celica gt-s motor work i think its a 1zzge is that right... sorry please help and dont be rude just because i am uneducated i have been honda loyal for over 6 years now... and need something a little more fun and less expensive and well the corolla is a perfect autocross car i just need an lsd and new motor... thanx for the help

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
TRD and Kaaz also make LSDs for the AE86.

As for the engine swap there are many options. I've heard of the mustang 5.0L being droped into a Corolla GT-S before. It all really depends on how much your willing to spend. The easiest replacement is the engine that was already in the car, the 4A-GE. Because it was the engine that came with the car little work is needed. Where as other engines may require custom work. More popular swaps seem to be the 4A-GZE (supercharged version of the 4A-GE) or a 20v 4A-GE. But it all really depends on your budget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.