Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 MR2 turbo
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday I boiled my clutch at Bandimere Speedway doing a burnout in the water pit. So I decided to give a new clutch and a lightened flywheel a whirl. I've always been curious how a flywheel will change the performance. I will let you guys know what I think. Oh by the way...I still managed to run a 13.4 with a fried clutch and fuel-cut happening at the end of the track. (Not bad for mostly stock and boost at 15psi right?)

·
Registered
1991 MR2 turbo
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 60' times are 1.7 or 1.8 (I use street slicks at 22-24psi). My MPH seems to depend on outside air temp. I average anywhere from 100-104. I average 13.3-13.5 times. I go to the track almost every week, I love smoking V8s. Being that the altitude here is above 5,000 feet the V8 N/A's don't fair so well.

·
Registered
1991 MR2 turbo
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TO: goderator

I live in the Denver area (Littleton). I have a purple/silver '91 with a Veilside(ish) body kit. Do you drive an MR2? There doesn't seem to be many around here.

·
'87 Mr2 Growler
1987 Mr2
48 Posts
Damn, that sucks...that happened to my friend last week, but yeah..he got around it fast because he is a tech. Yup...it's fixed now. yup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts