Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
- so today I woke up and saw no rats in the traps I set last night
- I thought I had FINALLY got all of them and solved the problem of them eating the Camry alive
- but then I noticed mah oil-change catch-pan.... and......

- it's almost like he purposley went after something car-ralated
- like he is effing with me :(
- this is rat #18...

·
Super Moderator
12,871 Posts
Well, ya done killed the rest of his family, so the poor little guy committed suicide.

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
- In case anyone think this thread has just devolved into rat Pr0n it has NOT
- the plot thickens!
- after cleaning mah airbox from the dead rat and nest I STILL felt I was down on power (even though removing it boosted power a tad)
- today I went to get the car ready for CA SMOG

- I went to check the base timing (required for smog)
- I went to put the inductive pickup on wire number 1 and ***SHAZAM!*** I got about 20,000 volts up my A$$!!!
- no joke

- I stood there shocked (no pun) for a moment thinking, ive done this a million times before...
- I went to look closer at the wires and, yep:

- TWO NGK blues had be halfway chewed!!! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
- Rat-tastic!

- NOW I know why I still felt down on power AND why the idle was a little rough!!
- it was hard to see on casual inspection but cylinder 1 and 2 are getting weak sparks due to these ******* rats!!

- this morning I caught #20... yes 20:

- ALWAYS check wire conditions BEFORE you put that inductive pickup on the wires
- I was wearing rubber gloves and STILL got a 20,000 volt jolt
- it was not cool
- not at all

- now I need to order some NGK blues again and see if I finally get that 5SFE power back!

:)

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
- rat #21 caught this morning

- this one was young, alomst looked like a mouse

- I wonder if this means the adult rats have all perished.. with child left to hunt on it's own?

- stunned by trap, had to be incinerated for mercy purposes

- new NGK blues will arrive tuesday, I am excited about the power finally returning in Camry

·
short-throw dipstick
5,968 Posts
A shop down the street I'm friends with used to have a pet rat. Former lab rat, one of their neighbor's kid had a pet snake and was feeding them to it. It escaped and took up residence in my buddy's shop, and his life partner tamed it. Very smart, it learned all sorts of tricks and would respond to weird conversational stimuli. Unfortunately it died of a brain tumor, poor thing.

Now they have three feral cats, half-tame, and several species of birds.

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
A shop down the street I'm friends with used to have a pet rat. Former lab rat, one of their neighbor's kid had a pet snake and was feeding them to it. It escaped and took up residence in my buddy's shop, and his life partner tamed it. Very smart, it learned all sorts of tricks and would respond to weird conversational stimuli. Unfortunately it died of a brain tumor, poor thing.

Now they have three feral cats, half-tame, and several species of birds.

I'm sure they make great pets when trained not chew NGK blues and perish in airboxes. Mah life-partner wants me to vaccinate our kitten so she can stress out the rats... I mean they can't be unlimited...can they?

·
500,000 + Miles
2000 Solara
432 Posts

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
- unfortunatley I caught rat 22 this morning
- new NGK blues are installed
- rats bit wires 1 and 2
- will SMOG in the AM and see how much HP I 'gained'..

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
- I spoke too soon..
- caught rat 23 tonight
- partially active
- had to incinerate for mercy purposes
- it must've smelled the new NGK wires I put in..

·
short-throw dipstick
5,968 Posts
OH SHI-

immolation, terrible way to go. I'm wondering how rat-derived fossil fuels would work in our Camrys

·
☻Black Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
OH SHI-

immolation, terrible way to go. I'm wondering how rat-derived fossil fuels would work in our Camrys

- are you suggesting I feed the rat to the Camry in a sort of blood-pennance?
- I don't know how long it would take to dissolve in the tank
- but the fats (oils) of the rat do contain BTUs, however I do not know how much rat-oil equates to say a teaspoon of petrol.. :(

41 - 60 of 71 Posts