Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty i get paid tomorrow and i was wondering what to do. I was thinking at first to just get a K&N filter for the stock box. I was also considering getting an intake but it looks complicated compared to my 94 corolla haha. Or can you just stick a cone filter onto the stock piping?

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
I installed a K&N filter in replacement of the stock filter, and i love it. But ig you want to install a intake that is a different story, I have an 06 XR and and finding a CAI that i like is rather diffcult, but if you have the money intake is the way to go, with you perfer SR or CIA is up to you. I am going to install a intake within the next couple of months, hope this helps, PM if you need any links to intake i have researched a whole bunch

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
do you like you cosmo cai. and did you have to modify anything to install it

·
Registered
03' Matrix XRS 6sp
109 Posts
If you're dead set on the K&N drop in, let me know. I have one I'll sell ya.

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts

·
XRS
2,245 Posts
Obviously, those who have DIY will say it isn't 'hard' to install. All it takes is a couple of reads through the instructions, familiarizing yourself w/ the parts that are involved, doing a dry run and you should be successful at it.

Handling the MAF is one of the easiest parts of the installation. Just remove it, put in a safe place until you need to reinstall it. That's it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try to avoid oiled gauze filters, like K&Ns. Toyota's having issues with them, as they will dirty the mass air sensor. Dry gauze filters are available.

·
Registered
matrix
89 Posts
monkeyracing said:
Try to avoid oiled gauze filters, like K&Ns. Toyota's having issues with them, as they will dirty the mass air sensor. Dry gauze filters are available.
i havent had a prob w/my k&n and ive had it since november

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
I also have a k&n and i havent had any trouble with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts