Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to figure out exactly what the 15,000 mile service requirement for re-torque drive shaft bolt requires. I found a lot of different answers on the internet - some say it refers to the main axle nut at 250 ft/lbs - some say the inside flange bolts on the CV shaft - others say to ignore. So I finally sent Toyota an email and received this reply:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in properly maintaining your 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE.

Thank you for sharing the photo for the Recommended Maintenance at 15,000 miles.

Because the 2017 Highlander Hybrid is a hybrid vehicle, there is no drive shaft to tighten or lubricate, and therefore, the information noted with the red underline in the photo you sent is not applicable for your vehicle.

Thank you again for taking the time to email us and bringing it to our attention, and we again apologize for any confusion you have been caused.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #1903200981. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

The first attached thumbnail is from their website but in my 2017 maintenance manual and still in the 2019 manual there is no "if applicable" notation. Maybe they'll finally update the maintenance manual that comes with the car.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts