Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did the "finishing" touches on my NAV system. When I originally installed it, I used the factory brackets instead of the ones with the Scosche Kit. It put the head unit at a bad angle and wouldn't allow for the inner trim ring to fit in place. I took it all apart tonight, put the Scosche brackets on it. Threw it all back together and it fits perfectly now. Check it out. And tell me what you think about the angle of the faceplate in the first and second pictures. The third Picture also shows my Sirius Xact Replay Satelite receiver. I know my head unit is SAT ready, but I got this one because I'm not sure if I can squeeze any more wires behind the radio. We'll see. I may try that later.

Check it out....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2206399/2

·
Registered
236 Posts
That looks sick, I just got the dash kit from taco tunes and the alpine 9853 with the ipod interface. I love it except I like the look of the double din. I also want a dvd player. can you drive with that pioneer one on?

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
I am diggin' it man! I have an Alpine flip out. Sad to say I don't even flip it out anymore. I just leave it closed now. I just plug in my iPod and listen to beats. I used to flip it out just to show off, not anymore. I am thinking about selling it, getting a good $700-800 out of it and buy a regular Alpine or Eclipse deck and call it a day. :thumbup:

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Yes. All Alpine TVs are bypassable. You can either bypass them by using 2 switches or using the PAC TR-7 module that bypasses automatically upon turning on the deck. I have the PAC TR-7 module and it works wonderfully. It's a great TV. I have had for 2 years now and not a single issue with it.

The newest Pioneers are not bypassable.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have an external DVD source yet, but from my understanding, I can bypass the "Must be parked with the parking brake on" security feature. I don't have any intentions of getting the DVD anytime soon. I use it mainly for the NAV purposes. I drive a lot.

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
That rocks, send me any info you got on it!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts