Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
xrun it is!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I finally decided..... it will be the X-Runner that will be joining my stable!!!

:D

Not sure when excactly it will take place, but sometime this year.... maybe sooner then later..... ;)

Anyways, you guys with the X-Runners - any pointers???? things too look for and look out for??? Any information on how you like them and any TSB's, any problems, and over all good and bad!!!

Also please say what kind you have, year and all - pics would be nice as well!!! :clap:

Thanks!!!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
xrunner
339 Posts
well i have an 05 xrunner with about 13000 miles on it and the only problem i have had was the clutch squeek ...there was a tsb on that so it was fixed with no problem...besides that just make sure the tranny is in good shape ..some have had problems getting into gears ..most being 2nd and 5th ...i have had mine since oct 05 and loved every minute of it ...recently went to the track for the first time and ran a 15.017 on my first run and i was pretty happy with that ...and if u can get the trd bbk that would be good :naughty:..and here are some pics from start to finish

·
xrun it is!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very clean!!! like the front end, looks way sharp without the symbol and all blacked out like that!!! nice job!!!

i already see i'm going to be in a lot of trouble with this truck, just like my last ride.... mods never stop!!!

what are the more popular mods everyone doing on their x-runners?

what air intake are you guys running? K&N? anything else?

·
Registered
xrunner
339 Posts
most popular mods would probably be the black headlight mod which is a diy mod...then probably the c2c kit from coast2coastperf.com ...definately the short shifter from urdusa.com ...i personally have the k&n intake with an amsoil dry filter and i love it ...makes a great sound ...there are many other options: volant, trd, urd, injen etc etc....not sure if any has an advantage over the other...and as u said it will be an addiction ...but after about a year and a half of mods i am pretty much where i want to be and i have spent close to 3500 on all my mods

·
xrun it is!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
morcheez said:
most popular mods would probably be the black headlight mod which is a diy mod...then probably the c2c kit from coast2coastperf.com ...definately the short shifter from urdusa.com ...i personally have the k&n intake with an amsoil dry filter and i love it ...makes a great sound ...there are many other options: volant, trd, urd, injen etc etc....not sure if any has an advantage over the other...and as u said it will be an addiction ...but after about a year and a half of mods i am pretty much where i want to be and i have spent close to 3500 on all my mods
thanks for the info.... now to get one!!!
:clap:

·
xrun it is!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw: how many x-runners is out there??? how many on here with one?

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
Just go to toyota.com and click on the TRUCKS tab up above and select Tacoma and then X-Runner and you'll get all the information you'll need.

·
Slightly Sane
06 TRD Sport Ex. Cab
580 Posts
Got to look at an X with this under the hood yesterday.....that thing is bad ass:

·
Dont Hate....
SWB X-RUNNER
408 Posts
I have 57,000+ miles on my truck with 0 problems and lots of mods and compliments. Congratulations on the new truck. You made a great choice. :clap:

·
xrun it is!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
azzkicker said:
I have 57,000+ miles on my truck with 0 problems and lots of mods and compliments. Congratulations on the new truck. You made a great choice. :clap:
Well, I am still in the market for one.... but have narrowed it down to this one!!!
Should be happening sometime this year!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts