Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of 2017 highlander ltd hybrid today after 3 years of flip flop between pilot , Cx9 and highlander. Dropped off this baby after just 15 min with it, at detailer to add ppf paint protection film and Modesta Glass coating. I keep cars for 10 plus years.
So it will be another few days to actually take it home. White ext with brown leather seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
hybrid limited vs hybrid XLE

Congrats on your new purchase!

I'm looking at getting a new highlander hybrid limited as well; but somehow the spec on the hybrid limited is different than a non-hybrid and also an XLE in 2 aspects:

3rd row
Leg room is shorter at 26.7 compared to 27.7 for all other HL models

Curb weight
The curb weight is much higher @ 4861 lbs
compared to regular gas limited @ 4354 lbs
and compared to hybrid XLE @ 4464 lbs

Almost 400 lbs more!

I got my information at:
http://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2017/highlander_ebrochure.pdf

I wonder if you have noticed any difference on your new hybrid limited?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In response. Actually I haven't driven it or had it since delivery a week ago, and that was for 15 min drive because i drove it straight to a detailer getting work done to it. 3m Paint protection film . Glass coating interior and exterior and window tint. Thwy found a paint imperfection from factory but ive decided to live with it. So ill pick it up this week. As for weight differences . i wont know the difference with gas model as ive never driven the gas model. So wont be able to compare weight difference and feel. In a week's time ill be better to answer more.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's a good point.

Hybrid XLE also has V6 and battery pack and comes in @ 4464 lbs

But another difference is XLE has 18" wheels while Limited has 19" wheels.

So perhaps on the Hybrid Limited, a combination of the battery pack and 19" wheels explains the 1" shorter leg room for the 3rd row seats

·
Registered
589 Posts
AFAIK, the captain's chairs vs bench seats should not make a difference since XLE models also have both such options and the spec don't show any difference in leg room....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
dchobo
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing