Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to make it off the pavement, did a little gold mining/metal detecting this weekend. Took the pics just before dark so you can't really tell how dirty the truck is. lol

Looking forward to getting it in the snow and some mud action shots.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
beautiful! i cant wait to get back to Oregon. I will be moving back in the next year or two. Was born in Portland. Have most of my family in Bend, Madris, Redmond, Lapine areas.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice pics, looks like fun!

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
That second to last pic is the best. Excellent shot. :thumbup:

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
You tell us you went gold mining and metal detecting.

Did you find anything?!

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
Nice pics! Hoping to get some new ones of my truck this weekend!

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
10SE said:
Nice pics! Hoping to get some new ones of my truck this weekend!
Me too. Going back to Paragon. Sure hope we have an ice breaker in the group like we did last time. I'm not about to use my plastic front bumper to bust through 3-4" thick ice. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
First time out with the detector, it was cold, wet and hell no I didn't find anything. I could have sniped along the bedrock in the creek and found a little like we always do or pull the dredge out and get serious, but that involves a lot of work. I want to hit some nuggets walking around on level ground. :) We typically don't try to fing gold this time of year cause its cold and the creeks/rivers are high.

I shouldn't say I didn't find anything, I found a half a dozen pieces of old rusty iron. I WAS finding metal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts