Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3sgte'd
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head is back from the machine shop. Finally i can start the rebuilding process.. yes I know i prob have the record for downtime, Its very hard to find time for my own car owning the business however I have alotted the time... Problems The tranny I used the v6 camry 1mzfe i believe hell its been so long I cant remember haha. The problem is I need to buy axles today so that I can reassemble.. The question is I have a 4 cyl body and suspension. Which axles do I need and If I use the v6 axles do I need what else from the v6 i.e hubs? My next question is on the bodyI found 4 good doors in the junkard if you can believe that and I coincidentally need them. My question is the yard told me that I need 95-96 doors and that 92-94 doors will not work is this valid or is it just a glitch due to gen 3 or 3.5 splits? I thought they were the same. I think that is all for now someone let me know...

Tony

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
the axles....

yes you got the v6 tranny, so you need the v6 tranny mount. you need the v6 left axle, 3sgte INner right axle, v6 OUTer right axle, then you need to get both the v6 steering knuckles (hubs), you need the v6 calipers, v6 rotors, thats it. if you have 4 cyl abs, then get the abs calipers, but if you dont, get the XLE DUAL PISTON calipers... they are better than the other models which are single piston. ALSO, you CAN use the ABS caliper if you dont have abs, it will work fine.

the reason you need the inner half shaft from the 3sgte is for it to fit the carrier bearing to the rear motor mount. the 3sgte one will be the proper distance and fitting... the v6 one will be off bad. i forget how much exactly, but its not good.

about the doors... cosmetically and mechanically they are the same... but the wiring will most likely be different depending on year. i would say it is 92-93 and 94-96 though, not 92-94, 95-96. but hey, they COULD be right... im not sure...

what year do you have? i would suggest getting doors from the SAME year as yours just to avoid any more hassles from wiring. cause i know you will have enough wiring the engine up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts