Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first stage.... I'm going ahead and prepping the truck before Pointer and redneck get here at 7am to help me finish up this beast.

Here is the first picture of many to come of my truck being jacked up!! I'll update periodically. I have my laptop in the garage if anyone has any helpful hints along the way, just PM me. POINTER, remember the Jack Stands and the Reciprocating Saw..... and also, the beer is in the fridge.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Thats all you can do without them:disappoin

Good luck man! whatever your doing:clap:

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
we will be there bright and early, not looking foward to waking up at 530 am but am looking foward to putting these lifts on. see you in the morning!

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
Hope you guys finish it before Super Bowl Sunday! :lol:

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
we'll be there man... bright and FREAKING early! HAHAHA... I am begining to wonder, what's in this for me! HAHAHAHAHA j/k- I am actually looking forward to a day under the trucks with the guys... crank your fridge down man, it's gonna need to be cold!

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
You can get all the tools ready. Unwrap the parts and lay them out. Get some kind of light to aim on the work area. Metric wrenches, rags, lubricant for helping the bolts break loose. I spray the threads with PB Blaster and let it soak in for a few minutes.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
Pb said:
I spray the threads with PB Blaster and let it soak in for a few minutes.
PB blaster huh. :D :bukkake:

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shock/Strut is out Left side

going to do the right side now.... an impact wrench helps a TON!!! took one hour as a first timer getting the thing out.....so far, so good.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
other side strut is OUT!!!

this one was a lot quicker.... 13 minutes!

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
eyedoc said:
going to do the right side now.... an impact wrench helps a TON!!! took one hour as a first timer getting the thing out.....so far, so good.

it will go a lot quicker tomorrow when u know what ur doing

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Question?

can i remove the top shock plate and 17mm nut before I compress the spring? I think I should have rented the strut compressor instead of the spring compressor.....

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
eyedoc said:

Air tools rule. :thumbup: I use mine whenever possible. Plus they're pretty cheap compared to electric power tools. Most of mine are Ingersol Rand. Be sure to add a little air tool oil in the fitting after each hour of use.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
and btw, goodluck with the rest of the install eyedoc.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
eyedoc said:

Don't forget to unscrew the Fetzer valve!

Edit: I think you should get the spring compressed before you remove the center nut. Good luck - with 4 extra hands you should be in great shape.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts