Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is now a official turbo kit for my damn corolla xrs... its cool ihave intake and streight pipe, my car feels hella fast... i beat a srt4 (stolk) couldnt believe it i guess thats what happens when you have 8 grand to redline vs 6 grand:disappoin .. @ 8psi with 75-100 -whp-:eek: :whatwhat:

scope it out at turbokits.com

·
Custom User Title
277 Posts
any pictures of the engine bay?

·
The Mad Scientist
Lexus GS300
849 Posts
I call BS until I see some shots of it installed. Considering the fact that NO other turbo-kits.com kit has fit any Corolla that I've ever seen, and they are known for very low quality, and the 2ZZGE is a VERY sensitive engine to boost, I tend to doubt it!

What are you using for fuel management?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dr Tweak said:
I call BS until I see some shots of it installed. Considering the fact that NO other turbo-kits.com kit has fit any Corolla that I've ever seen, and they are known for very low quality, and the 2ZZGE is a VERY sensitive engine to boost, I tend to doubt it!

I'm with you on the BS. Also, RPMs don't win races.

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
I agree, total bullshit. A pic of a kit and a wild claim of beating an SRT-4 is way out there.

If he really installed it he'd be proud enough of a few days worth of work and post some pics of that, or at least talk about it.

Turbokits.com is known junk parts anyway. They cobble and hack shit together and rip off kids who just saw the Fast and the Furious and want a turbo all of a sudden but don't wanna research it.

One guy over at www. tih gen corolla .com build a custom turbo kit for his XRS, and he had a ton of issues with tuning due to lift, but his car is now hella-fast after months of hard work. He documented the whole thing as well with pictures and updates.

One post, 3 sentances long, is way too little to back up that kind of work.

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
Wow I went to turbokits.com what a bunch of morons. They sell kits for the "03-06 Corolla SRX" and the "03-06 Corolla SR".

Funny thing is that the engine bays on the 03-04s are different from those on the 05-06s. And the XRS did not even come out until 05

I would not buy anything from a company too dumb to call out cars correctly. They obviously have no research and developement.

Bullshit confirmed.

http://www.turbokits.com/corolla_turbo_kits.html

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Its funny how he never came back.. :lol:

·
corolla xrs
101 Posts
fontukyracer said:
there is now a official turbo kit for my damn corolla xrs... its cool ihave intake and streight pipe, my car feels hella fast...
WTF is that, even his wording is f'd up and sounds like a bot or advertisement. How can you go from "there's now a turbo kit for my car" to "my car feels fast" ?!?!?!?

·
Custom User Title
277 Posts
^^ "my car feels hella fast..."

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Dr Tweak said:

from the pics..it looks like greddy emanage...

·
I don't hate C3H8
763 Posts
Well if nothing else it looks like someone at the vendors website surfs the forums here because the car models are at least correct now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself and make a comment or 3.

My name is Matty. I do a lot of mazda work and create the only protege supercharger system in the US. My brother in law came to me about boosting his corolla XRS. I found this turbo-kits product and it looks quality. The items included are quality (e-manage, aquamist, turbo, K&N, etc). The manifold and exhaust or piping may not be the greatest quality but the main componants they're using seem to be quality.

As I mentioned I come from the mazda community and only registered here to get more info on his car. The turbo-kits systems I've installed on proteges have been horribly off. They were made for 1.8L engines or 626 engine bays and didn't fit the protege model even though they said they did. At the end of the day I ended up using my own fueling system and having to modify some pieces but the kit works well. It makes just as much power as any other kit on the market. The lower price seems to attract more buyers but the additonal cost of modifying puts it right back up there with a quality kit.

Anyway back on topic. My bro has an 05 XRS 6spd. I've not been able to find anything for his car but this kit. I've emailed them about the kits contents and the problems I've had with their stuff in the past. They've assured me that if there are any problems with fitment or quality that it will be replaced or refunded immediatly. My brother is going to buy the kit and I'll be sure to post detailed pics and instructions for the instal....now my next question...

These engines are pretty high strung to start with aren't they? Adding boost to this engine seems a little risky but I figure you'll only hit about 6.5psi constant with an 8psi peak.

Can you guys fill me in on the specific details about these engines that I should know about? what I mean is that, say with the protege, the oil pans aren't baffled and cause bearing failures, the intake manifolds have loose screw problems, etc.

Anything I should be on the lookout for with this engine? Anyone else in the Birmingham, AL area want to come by my shop and watch the instal?

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
Ghost said:
He forgot to mention.....
the next day he also smoked a F16 jet with his turbo corolla.:clap:

LOL.

agreeing with everyone else, pix are needed to back up the claim. 'feels hella fast'.....right.....and I have a supercharged avalon....right.......:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts