Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new to the forums. i have been reading a lot on here. and i would like to get some advice on how i should start building my rig. i have a 88 toyota pickup. V6 4X4. i have had the truck for about 1 1/2 years but in my fam for since 91.

but anyways what should i do to start making my truck a real truck. i have everything stock but the k&n intake kit.

for example. Tires/rims. lift. gears. etc.

thanks Mike

·
Registered
86 Toyota 4WD
43 Posts
Yeah, youre right! I posted a question on here a week ago and didnt get one response. About your truck-it sounds like you have a "real truck." An 88 4wd with a V-6 is a good truck to have.

i have an 86 4wd. The only thing I have done to it is slightly oversized tires.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
so wow. this forum is so dead. thanks for the advice guys.
Wow, you waited a whole 2 hours. Not too impatient, are you?

"Building my rig" is kinda of vague. What are you building it to do? Mud? rocks? general trail rig? grocery getter/mall crawler?

How much money do you want to spend?

Can you do any/some/all of the work yourself?

Fill in some details, maybe you'll get more responses. Some of us have lots of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i really want a all around trail truck. mostly rocks and dirt trails.(if there is mud im still there) next Friday im getting 1g to spend on my truck.

i can do most my self i been working at a autozone for the past to years i no my way around the truck. so/so more basic stuff. i have tools, a car lift if i wanted to use one, welder(certified mig). so most of the work i would be doing to save money and to say i did the work on my truck.

ya your right sometimes i can be inpatient. lol sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts