Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found some autocross places here in NYC and just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them? Im thinking of getting into this in the near future? Anyone wanna chime in with some AutX experience?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
SCCA.com

Find your local chapter. They will have listings over all of their races, along with other organizations that hold them in your area.

Auto-X is the most fun thing you will ever do. There is no way to prevent getting addicted. It's too much fun. And it's one of the few things you can do where a 4cyl can beat a fully built car. It's all in the driver :)

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I'm sooo hurt and feel so unloved:( :disappoin :sosad:

a simple Pm would have suffice.... about every 3rd of the month we have something at the Coloesium, and we also have stuff at Belmont racetrak.....

i've ben up nor for more than 2 days so I'm hitting the hay

Ill give more details later

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aww, Im sorry. Well, you got PM now:)

And thanks for the info smoking.
P.S. I changed the same side quarter panel on my car and I ran into the EXACT same problem that you had. With those 2 screws by the corner light. Ihad to use a TINY little wrench to get them out. Those 2 screws alone took about 1 hour and a half.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Nope, sorry its too late now.... the only way you can make it up to me is the next time the g/f goes home have her stop in on a Kato store and pick up some N Scale Bullet Trains

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey so anyone know where theres Auto-X in NY? Something close to NYC?? Anyone here from Sportivo lately??

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://nybmwcca.org/autocross/

Please check this site for schedules... I run with them with my Honda Civic and do so because the field is usually manageble or not too large - usually about 40 - 60 cars on most days... the last few times we got 8 runs each day...

When i went to an SCCA event, we only got 3 cause there were over 100 cars!

By the way...
this is my first post as a member...
Nice to post with you all...
Hope to share with me experience and gain from yours.

DOZO YOROSHIKU!!!

hope some of you can make it in April so we can meet...
look for a black ek hatch with white rims...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theflipimage said:
http://nybmwcca.org/autocross/

Please check this site for schedules... I run with them with my Honda Civic and do so because the field is usually manageble or not too large - usually about 40 - 60 cars on most days... the last few times we got 8 runs each day...

When i went to an SCCA event, we only got 3 cause there were over 100 cars!

By the way...
this is my first post as a member...
Nice to post with you all...
Hope to share with me experience and gain from yours.

DOZO YOROSHIKU!!!

hope some of you can make it in April so we can meet...
look for a black ek hatch with white rims...
Arigato Gozaimasu!

·
Import Tuning
517 Posts
vibebreaker said:
i wanna autox but i wanna at least have manual tranny and some engine upgrades first oh and a full coilover setup
do the suspension before the engine work cause suspension is the most important in autox

·
Feel the vibe.
01 Corolla S
702 Posts
yeah im already lowered, rear sway bars, the front sway bushings, front strut bar, upgraded brakes pads, brake lines, and i dont have dedicated track tires.

so i need track tires and full coilovers

·
Registered
1993 Corolla
108 Posts
i wanna autox but i wanna at least have manual tranny and some engine upgrades first oh and a full coilover setup
Actually they say it is better for some of your first autox to run an unmodified car. That way you really learn to drive it, and it keeps you in the lower class level. Remember in autox you compete against yourself, and the other cars in your class.

check out this site

www.autox4u.com

I am running in my first Autox on the 11th wish me luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts