Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Roush Mustang
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from NM yesterday, this bastard bird decides to commit suicide on my truck.... I saw it coming too... It hit, and I saw shit fly in the rearview and was pissed because it looked like it took out a fog light. :disappoin Pulled over to check it out, and the foglight was fine, I guess the bird just exploded :lol: Kamikazied right into the front bumper.

Taco: 1
Bird: 0

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stop the pigeon,
stop the pigeon,
stop the pigeon,
stop the pigeon,

nab him, grab him, something something something,
cant remember the rest if someone can help me out on this.

Just the first thing that popped into my head when i saw this.
Damn that Dick Dastardly!

Sorry about your truck man.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your lucky nothing was damaged. Could have been much worse. I was going to get an oil change a couple of years back and a pigeon flew threw my side window and hit me in the side of my face! It hurt like hell. I could see all kinds of blood dripping down my shirt and I wasn't sure if it was mine or the birds but there was no shoulder to pull onto and check things out. I just focused on getting to the garage a few blocks down w/o passing out while driving. The guy at the oil change place was in shock as he saw me pull up. He reached through my window and pulled the bird from my shoulder, asked if I was going to be ok, and as an afterthought before chucking the bird in my bed, asked me if I wanted to keep the bird so I could send it to the taxidermist. :lol:

·
Registered
'02 Roush Mustang
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waterfowler said:
Your lucky nothing was damaged. Could have been much worse. I was going to get an oil change a couple of years back and a pigeon flew threw my side window and hit me in the side of my face! It hurt like hell. I could see all kinds of blood dripping down my shirt and I wasn't sure if it was mine or the birds but there was no shoulder to pull onto and check things out. I just focused on getting to the garage a few blocks down w/o passing out while driving. The guy at the oil change place was in shock as he saw me pull up. He reached through my window and pulled the bird from my shoulder, asked if I was going to be ok, and as an afterthought before chucking the bird in my bed, asked me if I wanted to keep the bird so I could send it to the taxidermist. :lol:
LMFAO Hilarious!! :lol: :lol: Sucks about the window, but would have been great to see.... :clap:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Markass said:
LMFAO Hilarious!! :lol: :lol: Sucks about the window, but would have been great to see.... :clap:
The window was down and now looking back it funny as hell, but at the time I was terrified that I was going to pass out while driving, I was moving about 50mph. My buddy laughed his ass off and said it was the birds getting back at me for being a duckhunter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hit a fairly large bird the second day i had my license in my step moms '95 Subaru, cracked the windshield, had to pay for it. Stupid birds.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I used to drive a Semi-truck as part of the old family business. And one time I hit a duck! It was flying low because it was landing at a nearby lake. I was only going about 35 MPH, and I saw it coming, but I couldn't stop. it made a pretty loud thump on the roof of the truck. It didn't make much of a mess because of the slow speed. I just had a limp duck laying on the roof. :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pb2theMax said:
I used to drive a Semi-truck as part of the old family business. And one time I hit a duck! It was flying low because it was landing at a nearby lake. I was only going about 35 MPH, and I saw it coming, but I couldn't stop. it made a pretty loud thump on the roof of the truck. It didn't make much of a mess because of the slow speed. I just had a limp duck laying on the roof. :eek:

Wow, why the hell am I wasting my time chasing them around with a shotgun for?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow....that stinks!

I have wierd reactions to bee stings. The last time I was bit I was about 12 and one got me in my hand. It swelled up so big you couldn't see the wrinkles in my joints in my fingers and it looked like when they blow their hand up in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Anyway, a couple of years ago, I was riding my Honda motorcycle with my full-faced helmet and a wasp flew right up into it.

I left about a 30 foot skid mark on the pavement and jumed off the bike before it even stopped, trying to get my helmet off..

Thankfully, the little sucker never bit me...and the bike stopped in some soft grass so no damage. (But I'm sure the drivers who saw all this must've wondered if I was on crack or something!)

Life...gotta love it! :whatwhat:

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Killed a turkey one morning on the way to work in my '99 taco. Just flew head-high right out of the woods. Nothing I could do. Took out the whole windshield. Those little down feathers were freaking everywhere! Imagine hitting a feather pillow at 65mph.The bird, what was left of it, came to rest in the front passenger floorboard, dead, and I just kept it there for the cops to see(for insurance purposes). I drove on to work, called insurance, and they sent a windshield company to work and fixed it while I was inside. Drove it home that day.

Saw a buzzard riding the wake of a semi I was following take a sharp left-hand turn straight into the side of the truck. He died.

Saw a great dane step out of thr brush onto an expressway in Evansville, In. Not pretty. Poor guy had his neck stretched out sniffing around, head at bumper height to a caddy. Still makes me want to cry when I think about it.:disappoin

Worst of all. My first truck was a '78 Ford F-150 custom swb step-side that my dad re-built for me from scratch. I hit a whole cuvey of quail in that thing about a week after the paint was done. Hood, both headlights, headlight housings, grille and the radiator were destoyed. Even knocked the "o" in ford off the hood.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
I drove a 2001 Maxima for a while. I was proud of the car. It had a few mods and I kept it CLEAN.

Went to a Maxima meet one day... shined my car up nicely... popped the hood, and walked off to talk with some of the guys that showed up. About ten minutes later someone was asking who owned the "green one with the Injen intake". I walked over to find a small crowd looking down in my engine bay. Fearing the worst, I peered in to find a decapitated bird... his severed head laying right next to him... laying on the part of the front airdam that intrudes back under the engine. One of the upright ribs in the lower valance had cut his head clean off, and he laid there in a puddle of drying blood. Funny... but, fucking disgusting. I ended up driving to a car wash with a quarter-operated vacuum down the street. Took the nozzle off of the big hose, and sucked the bird, head and all, right up out of my engine compartment. :D

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
10SE said:
I drove a 2001 Maxima for a while. I was proud of the car. It had a few mods and I kept it CLEAN.

Went to a Maxima meet one day... shined my car up nicely... popped the hood, and walked off to talk with some of the guys that showed up. About ten minutes later someone was asking who owned the "green one with the Injen intake". I walked over to find a small crowd looking down in my engine bay. Fearing the worst, I peered in to find a decapitated bird... his severed head laying right next to him... laying on the part of the front airdam that intrudes back under the engine. One of the upright ribs in the lower valance had cut his head clean off, and he laid there in a puddle of drying blood. Funny... but, fucking disgusting. I ended up driving to a car wash with a quarter-operated vacuum down the street. Took the nozzle off of the big hose, and sucked the bird, head and all, right up out of my engine compartment. :D
i wish i had a vacuum that big when i was working as a porter in the chevy dealer a few years ago....we had a minivan come in on a trade and i was cleaning it up and noted all the feathers in the engine bay and said "its liek a bird exploded in here" to the other porter, who responded (from a different view angle) "yea the rest of it is rightthere" pointing in front of the radiator...sure enough. chevy venture minivan, some sort of smallish (little smaller than a 12-oz pop can) bird half-mummified from the heat sitting on the radiator support without half its feathers.

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I lived in Ohio, my dad had an old buick and it didn't have a front licence plate bracket. He had been pulled over a couple times for no front tag. So one afternoon at my brothers house he spent a couple hours fabbing up a bracket that looked really nice once he finished. He was very proud of his handy work. Later on that evening, on our way home, a fox jumped out of the ditch and we hit that thing dead smack in the middle of the bumper going 60 mph and it totally destroyed his newly fabbed bracket. After I saw what the fox had done to his bracket I was unable to stop laughing. I still laugh my ass off when I think back to that day. It's like they say "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't":lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
That reminds me of when Dale Earnhardt hit that seagull on the backstretch of Daytona. ESPN had a really nice slow motion close up of the whole thing. Bird exploded.

Roger
(Soon to be a Taco owner)

·
Registered
529 Posts
When I was 14 or so I was cruising at top speed on my redline bmx going to friends house. I felt something hit me in the chest when I grabbed it, it was a bat. I fell, it hurt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts