Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
looks like a photoshop mistake.....but interesting idea....i would assume that adding the steering equipment and wheels and tires for the 3rd pair would add alot of weight to the car....

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
I can't see how it would be any better then a 4 wheeled car. If it was indeed better more cars would have had 6 wheels. Personaly I think it is lame.

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
809 Posts
i don't like it, i prefer it with just 4 wheels.

but the claim is that with 6 wheels, its has better braking and cornering ability compared to that of a conventional 4 wheeled car

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,959 Posts
really bad photochop...both sets of front wheels can't be turned the same way - the second pair would have to be straight on a turn or turned in the opposite direction to make the turn...if they're in the same direction as the front pair the car would be going straight sideways. (Think train engine on curved track).

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
hahaha. beat to me the formula one mention. i think that tyrrell actually did pretty good too. f1 racing magazine had a feature a few months ago where they asked williams to design a formula one car without tech regulations. the car they came up with had 6 wheels, albeit four in the back, not the front. interesting concept, nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
B Deuce said:
really bad photochop...both sets of front wheels can't be turned the same way - the second pair would have to be straight on a turn or turned in the opposite direction to make the turn...if they're in the same direction as the front pair the car would be going straight sideways. (Think train engine on curved track).
That's not entirely true. As long as all the steering angles have the turning radius of each wheel intersecting at the same point, it should be okay. If any set of wheels should be turned in the opposite direction, it should be the rear set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.