Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, im having an issue with my 2002 4x4 sequoia, 242,000 miles, at slow acceleration. When I'm light on the pedal trying to accelerate slowly it will gain to about 14-1500 rpm then stutter and I can see the revs drop almost down to idle, then kick in again back to 1500 rpm. To me it feels like its trying to shift out of first but then doesn't. I feel like its a transmission issue because it doesnt happen in reverse or in 4wd, no CEL codes other than P0420. I serviced the trans fluid and filter just over a year ago, at the time the fluid was still red but definitely darker, no burnt smell. I did a flush and fill recently after it started happening and the fluid seemed fine, also changed the diff fluids. The VSC and Trac control lights do pop on once in a while when i get onto the highway but I believe its due to my lift and it happens on curvy hwy entrances. Any recommendations would be great, thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.