Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle called me today he was stuck in a drive way with his F-250 Econline van. He's a contractor and was working on a new home. The drive way was covered in snow and was on about a 30 degree angle. The Taco did awsome. I put it in 4 low and locked er up and off we went right up the hill. It was pretty sweet.

On a side note my MPG's have went down 3 consective tanks from 17.8 to 15.9 to the latest as of today 14.5. I'm not doing anyhting different. :sosad: I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Russ

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
if you're idling the truck more to warm it up, that'll have an effect. if you're using 4wd more, that'll also do it. cold starts don't help. cold weather causes mileage to drop. the combination of all these things probably have a lot to do with it. hopefully we can get your mileage back up to normal, but if there's nothing wrong, then there's not much you can do. good luck.

-Mike

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have been warming up the truck every morning, I have used 4 wheel drive a bit the last tank, and I have been hauling wood from my grandfathers house to mine. I really hope all those thing combined have caused the drop other wise this will be no better than my Grand Cherokee. 13 to 15 Mpg's all the time. That sucked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.