Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The Avalon's direct competitors are the Maxima, 300M, Concorde, Diamante, Crown Victoria, etc., etc. most of which have 3.5L engines or above and easily outpower the Avalon. The high output 3.5L serves as a way to close the gap and also, to use the engine in the upcoming IS350GT and GS350GT. The Avalon might be offered in AWD as well. It'll also be a fastback sedan. Interesting. Sport luxury comes to mind here. Don't expect to see the 3.5L in a Camry, Highlander or RX. Hybrids will take over those. Lexus' target is BMW. The IS = 3 series; GS = 5 series; LS = 7 series. Toyota has a worthy 3.5L for a real sports car, but I doubt they'll make one that's Toyota branded.

Jason

·
Registered
147 Posts
jhbhatia said:
Crown's are MUCHO expensive. I was shaking my head when my cous bough a 1999 cown a few years back. That car was more pricey than a GS300 as still had cloth interior and no climate control! That avalon looks sweet tho, i want more info. on the new engine!
Crowns are pimp man. But the reason that you're cousin paid so much is because he had to import it. Toyota does not sell Crowns in North America. Having said that, he would own an exclusive car because less people or even no one would have the car.
BTW is the car right hand drive?

Oh yeah...I think the new Avalon is nice. It looks very similar to the new Crowns overseas so it probably is based on the same platform or even the same car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Toyota should of used the Lexus GS430 platform. 300hp, RWD then they would really be able to stick it to Chrysler. But then again, Toyota has been successful by putting flashiness behind quality, if a customer wants something with flash then they have the option of buying a Lexus.:disappoin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avalon information search

Thinking about buying an 04 or maybe 05 Avalon.
Where / what is the best forum to find out the problems the Avalon might be having. example: does the Avalon have the same 'drive by wire' ECU problems as most of the Camary clones? Tyre wear and left pulling? Any other generic problems a new customer would want to know before the $$?

·
^
4,197 Posts
chindo said:
Crowns are pimp man. But the reason that you're cousin paid so much is because he had to import it. Toyota does not sell Crowns in North America. Having said that, he would own an exclusive car because less people or even no one would have the car.
BTW is the car right hand drive?

His cousin is probably in Dubai or somthing.

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
I've heard that the engine will be 270 Hp plus! It is suppose to be the current 3.3L bored out to 3.5L. I can't wait, and all I have is the 1MZ-FE. You can bet this new Avalon will be even quieter, and is rumored to be larger outside and inside. I have the article stating this out of Motor Trend.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.