Toyota Nation Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
dude where's my car???
93 Silvia K's Club S
4 Posts
that doesnt seem like a bad car at all. it looks the maxima and altima combined together haha. anyways it still looks way better than before. they should bring a JZX110 as the Avalon.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
fj40supraman said:
I've heard that the engine will be 270 Hp plus! It is suppose to be the current 3.3L bored out to 3.5L. I can't wait, and all I have is the 1MZ-FE. You can bet this new Avalon will be even quieter, and is rumored to be larger outside and inside. I have the article stating this out of Motor Trend.
actually, it's not a MZ-series engine (so it's not the current 3.3 (3MZ) bored to 3.5) it's a new engine, used in the new X120 that just came out in november.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
same as the new GS350...

since it's the 1st in this series, i believe the engine code is 1GR-FE...

sucks, cause it's no longer a performance head (G)...

·
Registered
363 Posts

@ the 2005 detroit auto show

·
Registered
363 Posts
i guess that's a teaser pic. more pictures are probably to come. pressroom.toyota.com

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
front looks like a mazda, back looks like the solar. I love the power on it though. Overall looks great! I too am an avalon owner, 96, adnI think this will definitly be something to look forward too!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Razo-E said:

sucks, cause it's no longer a performance head (G)...
While you're right, it's not a sport G head, but it is the first peformance oriented F head for an N/A application. The 2GR-FE puts out 280hp @ 6200rpm and 260lb-ft @ 4700 with a low friction cylinder head and employing Dual VVT-i, a first for the American market and a V6. The only other Dual VVT-i engine is the Altezza's blacktop BEAMS 3S-GE.

The IS350GT gets the 2GR-FE in 300hp form and probably about 270-280lb-ft of torque.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
That is an awesome car! I love it. I hope it doesnt put too much weight..because all that extra power..will be lossed tryn to get the car movin!
2GR-FE...any poss. for a Camry transplant? A 2GR-FE from the IS350GT with 300HP would sure be nice!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.