Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread to poke fun at the "anguish" we lucky freedom owners have. Like this gem from my neighborhood site (Nextdoor):

My chihuahua died

Today I went out to give my ex-boyfriend a ride somewhere and when I came back my dogs had gotten into my trash and my female chihuahua named Angel stuck her head in a bag that had had shredded cheese in it and suffocated to death. The amount of Anguish I am feeling is Indescribable and honestly I don't even want to live anymore.

I has a sad when my pups pass as well. But that "amount of Anguish" is no where near "Indescribable" to many of us.

This response is on target, considering:

Oh Emily!!! I know the pain greater than anything you’ve ever know but please, if you feel like you don’t want to live, reach out to me and we’ll go get coffee. I have a dog but he’s kind of an asshole.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts

Oh Emily!!! I know the pain greater than anything you’ve ever know but please, if you feel like you don’t want to live, reach out to me and we’ll go get coffee. I have a dog but he’s kind of an asshole.
I swear that quote came from my neighbor John up the street. That sounds exactly like something he'd say. :rofl:

I am a member of a Nextdoor-type forum that covers my town and my neighborhood, but because of that exact kind of stupidity I hardly ever read it. I have had to restrain myself from telling one person after another to get a life! Maybe I should go back and look at it from a purely humor perspective and post the best gems here.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
She should feel bad, because she didn't protect the dogs from the garbage. You gotta blame the ex-boyfriend some too. He needed a ride exactly while there was cheese in a plastic bag in the garbage? The deadbeat...

That's when it's the worst: When it's your dumb mistake, but some other A-hole is there to distract you , thereby compounding the problem.

·
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You gotta blame the ex-boyfriend some too. He needed a ride exactly while there was cheese in a plastic bag in the garbage? The deadbeat...
Right???!!! #Cheesetoo!!! #Cheesetoo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
A thread to poke fun at the "anguish" we lucky freedom owners have. Like this gem from my neighborhood site (Nextdoor):

My chihuahua died

Today I went out to give my ex-boyfriend a ride somewhere and when I came back my dogs had gotten into my trash and my female chihuahua named Angel stuck her head in a bag that had had shredded cheese in it and suffocated to death. The amount of Anguish I am feeling is Indescribable and honestly I don't even want to live anymore.

I has a sad when my pups pass as well. But that "amount of Anguish" is no where near "Indescribable" to many of us.

The real problem is she doesn't want to take any personal responsibility for the death of her dog. She's in denial, because she was stupid enough to let it get into the garbage, and kill itself. Dumb ass.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Bad forum updates are first world problems. Is there anyway to automatically go to the latest post in a thread without having to click the thread, then the latest post icon? Also, is there a way to at least have the forum index/table of contents show when you first open TN?
LOL, I've been kind of thinking that, but one thing I have noticed is that the pages load a whole hell of a lot faster. That used to bug me in the old format.

But I'm not really digging the look of it all as much, and wish they had an option for the user to revert to the old look.

And what happened to the "Thanks" feature?

Oh, and to answer your question: Click on where it says how long ago the last post was. Took me a while to figure out that one...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
And what happened to all of my likes? Dammit, I had close to half as many likes as total posts!

Actually, I almost brought this up in the Social Ills thread...

Edit: And I just checked out the smilies. A few of our old smilies would aptly describe the new smilies :weaksauce:

I want the one of all the little smilies bowing before Toyota god on his throne!:mad::(😧😪
At least they still have poo.💩
But who in the hell wants a shoe?👟
MmmmmmK...🏄‍♂️🤸‍♀️🍕🌽🏩
I'm scared and offended by this one:🧨
💵💸💵💸💴💶💷💷💰That's what I want...
Thanks for these, dear comrades!⚒🛠⛏

WTF?❎🔕🇺🇸

·
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And what happened to all of my likes? Dammit, I had close to half as many likes as total posts!

Lokos like the thumbs up is the LIKE option. We have some kind of "reaction score" value, not sure what that is and if it accounts for likes and old thanks. I gave you one above to help ;)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

Edit: And I just checked out the smilies. A few of our old smilies would aptly describe the new smilies :weaksauce:

I want the one of all the little smilies bowing before Toyota god on his throne!:mad::(😧😪
At least they still have poo.💩
But who in the hell wants a shoe?👟
MmmmmmK...🏄‍♂️🤸‍♀️🍕🌽🏩
I'm scared and offended by this one:🧨
💵💸💵💸💴💶💷💷💰That's what I want...
Thanks for these, dear comrades!⚒🛠⛏

WTF?❎🔕🇺🇸
Lokos like the thumbs up is the LIKE option. We have some kind of "reaction score" value, not sure what that is and if it accounts for likes and old thanks. I gave you one above to help ;)
But now we get participation trophies! :LOL:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
You're right, it is crazy!:D
like the thumbs up is the LIKE option. We have some kind of "reaction score" value, not sure what that is and if it accounts for likes and old thanks. I gave you one above to help ;)
It's a sort of social score system for forum users, which uses outside surveillance to record users' actions, and then categorically rate them for us here. That's where all of those cameras you see every day go to...

Me? I don't give a hoot. I will continue to blow my grass clippings into the street because I am an @$$hole like that...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Where is this option? I'm blind. lol
It only gets worse as you age, stupid small things... When you're looking at the page which shows all of the threads, over to the right it used to say who last posted in the thread, (another relevant feature missing) it will say "A moment ago." I don't know how long it says that, but it seemed like longer than a moment to me. Eventually it will say "An hour ago," and then "A day ago," and on and on.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
hen you're looking at the page which shows all of the threads, over to the right it used to say who last posted in the thread, (another relevant feature missing) it will say "A moment ago." I don't know how long it says that, but it seemed like longer than a moment to me. Eventually it will say "An hour ago," and then "A day ago," and on and on.
I see that, and if I click the thread it takes me to the most recent post, but if i click the same thread after there isn't a new post, it takes me back to page 1.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I see that, and if I click the thread it takes me to the most recent post, but if i click the same thread after there isn't a new post, it takes me back to page 1.
You're saying that if you click on the time of the last post, after the site sees you as having read that post, that it takes you to the top of page one?

Clicking on the thread title itself should always take you to the top of the first page.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The words, "a moment ago", "2 hours ago", etc are text. I can't click them. I have to click thread title if the post is recent, then afterwards clicking thread title takes me to page 1 where I then have to click go to latest. If that makes any sense. Lol

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The words, "a moment ago", "2 hours ago", etc are text. I can't click them. I have to click thread title if the post is recent, then afterwards clicking thread title takes me to page 1 where I then have to click go to latest. If that makes any sense. Lol
Are you using a phone or computer? When using my computer moving the cursor underlines the time or post # and then they become clickable.

·
Registered
808 Posts
It only gets worse as you age, stupid small things... When you're looking at the page which shows all of the threads, over to the right it used to say who last posted in the thread, (another relevant feature missing) it will say "A moment ago." I don't know how long it says that, but it seemed like longer than a moment to me. Eventually it will say "An hour ago," and then "A day ago," and on and on.
Yesterday, it's "a moment ago" was at least 15 minutes.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Are you using a phone or computer? When using my computer moving the cursor underlines the time or post # and then they become clickable.
Yesterday, there was also a box with the number of pages in the thread. I'd click that, and it brought me to the top of that page (versus the bottom or last post).

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
13 Participants
TrailDust
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing