Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
nismo_TRD = win
05' rolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, ok so im wondering because i had 18" rims on my 05' corolla that i bought used for $800 with the tires. there's 2 rims that are bent, i kept them on the car for about 3 months, until i started doing more highway traveling and i noticed the vibration in the steering wheel when i was going about 65 mph

so i decided to take the rims off and put back the stock tires. anyways, now i wanna put the rims back on, but my friend keeps telling me that i shouldnt fix bent rims because they can never be perfect again, that i should get new ones..

id appreciate everyone's opinion:)

fix bent rims for about $200 or get new ones?

·
nismo_TRD = win
05' rolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only $75? damn thats cheap im not sure i can get it that cheap but im gonna keep looking

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
didn't know they could fix alloy rims, shop's told my dad they couldn't. If they aren't that bad just put them on the back and you won't have the steering wheel shaking problem. I have 2 warped stock 13" rims on my sr5 and the shop I took it to for the winter tires put them on the back, where they were on the front before. Got rid of the vibration and so fourth

·
Registered
ae92
3 Posts
your betta off gettin new rims cause it will throw off the balancing of the wheeles and may kill the springs and struts. im sure u could trade them in and add a bit more money on to get new ones some where.

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
not as bad if they were on the front. I haven't had any vibration yet. BUt I guess the real test is the hwy since it used to vibrate at 160 km/h and then stop just after. I took it to 130 the other day and there was no problem

·
Master Taco Ninja
220 Posts
My friend had 19's on his celica and bent two of them, and got them fixed, still drove the same and had no problems. He then sold the rims to my friend with the solara and he bent three and had them repaired, the look and drive fine. I'm next on the list as one of my rims just got bent.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
it really depends on how badly damaged are the rims. I took a beating when my celica had a flat going 90+MPH. This eventually bent my rim. The tire shop told it wasn't that bad of a bent, and suggested i leave it in the rear..(it was good for the 2+ years i did just that). So it all depends on how badly are your bent rims.

·
nismo_TRD = win
05' rolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahaha, no my rims are only slightly bent, and i had them in the back for a while, but still vibrated a little bit, and its always gonna be cheaper to fix em than to get new ones, sooo, with my next paycheck im gonna go get them fixed, and get my tein S shocks and struts and put them on...:whatwhat:

gotta love being a teenager and only working to pay for car payments, gas, and mods:woot: thanks for the feedback

·
boo.hoo.hoo.
1,498 Posts
freakinbox said:
my 16" cost me 1600 with tires with them putting them on the car for all the hardwear and everything. 200 a rim and I think the tires were 170
at least u didnt have to pay for a new tpms, or installation of the existing one.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
So that Ren can slap some noobs.. :slap: :slap: :slap:

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL DATES BEFORE POSTING ON A THREAD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts