Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wrench
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello peeps... I have no voltage going to the 3rd brake light, the rest of the brake lights work just fine.. before opening up the harness would like to take a good look to where it goes and if there is a link (fusible) somewhere... ABS/Trac light in flashing (code 49)...

tested all the way to the C-pillar with good ground but no V ..

I took apart the interior of the rear seat backwards to chase a squeak & water leak, the contacts of the 3rd brake light touched at some point. The wires are cut and I have a 6" oval LED brake light and resister wired together for the last few years, that is why the two wires were exposed for a bit...

thanks

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I just remembered something. On my old 99 it was the wires along the trunk hinge that broke, causing rear light problems. You might want to check them.

·
wrench
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the links, it's very helpful .. As far as the wiring on the hinge, the 3rd light wiring splits off before the hinge on this but I'll be checking it anyways. The toggle switch in the trunk latch is wired with it so I'll be checking that too ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
hilux30
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing