Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently traded my 00 A4 for a 07 Touareg V6. The car is amazing, I am now hooked to SUV again!

My question is, how is the FJ Cruiser? Has anyone have one and have problems with them? I now want to get rid of the Legacy and get a FJ as a replacement.

Can current owners provide quick reviews?

Thanks

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i've heard the current FJ is the most capable FJ put out by toyota thus far, and owners seem to absolutely love the SUV.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
falnfenix said:
i've heard the current FJ is the most capable FJ put out by toyota thus far, and owners seem to absolutely love the SUV.
:thumbup:

CAPABLE for REAL.

It just doesn't look tough. It is tough. :thumbup:

If u get one, hope u decide on the 6 speed manual transmission.. in BLUE :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha yeah, soon that list of cars will be ALL suv :)

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Audi Man said:
Ha ha yeah, soon that list of cars will be ALL suv :)
Make sure you keep an eye on gas prices in the future too unless that is of no concern.
I know for my next car fuel efficiency would be the priority.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, it is a concern, but not overly :)

Question, how does the FJ compare to the Xterra or Outlander?

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
As far as off road capabilities the FJ is better than both, way better than the Outlander ofcourse but the Outlander is supposed to be comfortable. Xterra and FJ both have rough rides but I personally think that the FJ is quieter and smoother than the XTERRA as I experienced. Others may have different feelings. I know a professor at a local university he has a 07 Xterra and an 07 FJ and he let me drive both. I can tell you that FJ is very nice. It is a little different inside CABINWISE. The rear visibility is like it should be for an SUV that has a tire in the back. I can't think of any better offroad SUV other than the 4Runner. The Land Cruiser is not available anymore... The Lexus GX is also awesome as it is the PRADO. .

·
Research is Your Friend!!
2006 GTO
851 Posts
Xterra is by far the best of all the "capable" Midsize SUV's. It has great road manners, great power, and is quite competant off road. Outlander. . . .not so much. . . .

I would rank them this way:

Xterra
FJ (tie)
H3 (tie)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Car and Driver had this Comparison of the four:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10776/hummer-h3-jeep-grand-cherokee-laredo-4wd-nissan-xterra-off-road-4wd-toyota-fj-cruiser-4wd.html

(as a side note, the H3 now comes with a 3.7 liter I5, which makes 242hp, so some of the power concerns have been addressed. I still think is should be availible with GM's 4.8 liter V8, making 290hp, but oh well. . . .)

Lots of great quotes and helpful information. . .

Happy shopping. . . . and congrats on the Touareg, those are awsome SUV's (I love the Audi Q7 too).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, yeah, I looked at the Q7, I felt too old in that car, so this time, I will stick with a VW, which look sportier, and "Happier" The Porsche just gives a upscale cocky impression, while the Q7 is too old and serious. The VW fits me I think. I love it. I also love the Xterra

Thanks

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Audi Man said:
Thanks, yeah, I looked at the Q7, I felt too old in that car, so this time, I will stick with a VW, which look sportier, and "Happier" The Porsche just gives a upscale cocky impression, while the Q7 is too old and serious. The VW fits me I think. I love it. I also love the Xterra

Thanks
Are u going for the V8 Tourag? Isn't it's shape due for a change now? I don't keep up with VW so didn't know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, got the V6 with no package, the car drives great... the V8 is too much, and i don't need that kind of power.. not yet anyways...

·
Fist of the North Star
192 Posts
I drove an Xterra with the base 6 and it felt weak and tired.
I was not impressed with the over all package that the xterra offers.
Now I haven't driven an FJ yet but I did just recently drive a Taco xrunner with the
same engine. And that is one sweet engine. Just on styling alone I would take the FJ over the others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the FJ got a sweet look.. The xterra and outlander is just a plain SUV.. doesn't have anything that makes me jump up and down... but i always first choose performance..

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
why outlander? its just a tall lancer....a car....the other two are real suvs/trucks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts