Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this email from a friend today, I don't know to what extent this is true, but apparently this was an OPP warning going around Ottawa and Northern Ontario.

THIS IS AN ACTUAL BULLETIN WHICH HAS BEEN > > >> ISSUED FROM OUR OPP WARNING > > >> 'NOT > > >> TO FLASH LIGHTS' AT THOSE PEOPLE NOT HAVING HEADLIGHTS TURNED > > >> ON AT NIGHT. > > >> > > >> One of the officers who works with the D.A.R.E > > >> program has passed along the > > >> following warning and asked that it be shared > > >> with all drivers. This is an > > >> extremely serious matter. If you are driving > > >> after dark and you see a car > > >> without its head-lights on do not flash your > > >> lights, do not blow your horn > > >> or make any signals to the driver of the > > >> other car. There is a new > > >> motorcycle/common gang initiation 'game' > > >> going on the streets. The new > > >> member being initiated drives along without > > >> his headlights on until someone > > >> notices and flashes their headlights or makes > > >> some sort of other action to > > >> signal him. The gang member is now required to > > >> chase the car and shoot at or > > >> into the car in order to complete his > > >> initiation requirements. Make sure you > > >> share this information with your family, > > >> friends, and anyone else you can > > >> reach. If you have any questions or > > >> information, please call your local > > >> police department. Please take this seriously. > > >> This is not a joke. Please > > >> pass this on to everyone you know on e-mail > > >> and in person. It could save > > >> someone's life. > > >> > > >> Sgt. Dan Peters Community Policing Coordinator > > >> > > >> North West Region Thunder Bay Division > > >> ph. 807-473-2735 > > >> > > >> S/Cst. Jon Guilbeault #3576 > > >> Cellblock / Prisoner Transport > > >> Ottawa Police Service > > >> 161 Elgin Street > > >> (613) 236-1222 ext. 8540

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
wow thisn has been an Urban Legend since the 50's....... there maybe some thruth in it hough due to the fact that you do have stupid ppl out there who are in gangs and do stuff like that.

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Yeah we had the same thing in Mass. I know the local cops and they gave me the heads up. That week they had a blurb on it in the local paper. Kinda scary. You can't be nice to anyone without wondering if they are out to get you. :(

·
The good girl
559 Posts
yeah this email was around in Ottawa like 2 months ago. 161 Elgin is just some government building, nothing related to a police office. We were told by alot of cops to disregard the email, as it is an urban legend.

Nat

·
Infamuz
0 Posts
It is tru in Mass....i just moved to Roxbury n theres a gang down the street on Vasser doin that. Jus a lil heads for ya peeps.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I've heard about this many times before. I'm sure it does happen somewhere though.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
i too have heard this urban legend... maybe a smidge of truth, but ehhh it is dangerous to drive with lights off

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
MRQturbo said:
gang bangers in northern ontario.......:rolleyes: :lol:
yeah eh, they just mosey on down to the beer store and have a beer, eh :D

·
Registered
Dodge Caravan SE
310 Posts
LoL. Mmm.. beer..

But in Alabama this was true and I know several cases of it happening.

·
Here
289 Posts
I remember seeing an episode of america's most wanted about 4 months ago when they aired the same thing happening...I forget where it happened though? :confused:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regardless of it being true or not.. I don't flash my lights at anyone for a long time now.. after I realized that 90% of people I flashed didn't know why and never turned their lights on anyways. :lol:

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
I know of ppl being pulled over by cops for flashing their lights and messing up their radar trap.

The rest of the story is just urban legend. The legend held that local gangs drove around at night with the lights off and the first person to flash the lights at them became the target for a beating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts