Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TN user
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, my first flat tire in 35 yrs. I figured out how to get the donut on and will have a new tire tomorrow:headbang:

Problem...I cannot remember how the sizzors jack goes into that weak strofoam container in the trunk (I was too pizzed off to remember how I took it out...Anyone have a picture to post of the placement in the tool kit PLEEZE. Seems that no matter what I do would demolish that strofoam!

Help would be appreciated

To make it worse, it only had 2000 miles on it. Don't drive to much these days! At least the new tire will pretty well match the 3 others wear wise! (yes, Brand will be the same...Bridgestone Turenza)
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
The scissor jack does not go into the styrafoam, it fits in between the "bracket" to the right of the spare. Only the bar used to to lift the jack, and the lug nut wrench goes into the styrafoam. I will take a picture tomorrow if you still need it.

·
TN user
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank You Deja_vu

The scissor jack does not go into the styrafoam, it fits in between the "bracket" to the right of the spare. Only the bar used to to lift the jack, and the lug nut wrench goes into the styrafoam. I will take a picture tomorrow if you still need it.
Thank you very much...:thumbsup:
A picture would be helpful since I am not to good at this stuff.

OK, I got it back in but the metal bracket is made of such weak metal it bends when It tightened it up. I think it may break if I have to use it again...thoughts?

Thanks again
Jeff

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Haha, don't tighten it till the flange breaks, just until the scissor jack sits firmly and doesn't rattle. Other than that, you're good to go.

·
TN user
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All fixed...Thank you

Haha, don't tighten it till the flange breaks, just until the scissor jack sits firmly and doesn't rattle. Other than that, you're good to go.
No I did not try to get it that tight...just snug so it didn't rattle...

Thanks

The final. I guess I got lucky. New tire, slight alignment, replaced air with Nitrogen in tires and lifetime rotation and top off of the nitrogen any time free. I have always shied away from the Nitrogen but this was the chance to try it out($32).

The tire shop also said to run the tires at 35lbs...not 30 like it says on the door...so I will!

At least I did not break the Alloy wheel!:clap:

Total was about $300...TOYOTA GETS $425 FOR THAT ALLOY RIM. so I got lucky.

I have it back now and all seems well...Thanks to those who helped.

I still say that metal bracket is really weak metall!:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts