Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the begining proceses of camperizing my 07cclb,
I am using a lot of pieces I have collected, some new some used.
I am starting with a flatbed conversion, that will be designed to have removable panels/tailgate and still be able to use my softopper when not sporting the camper.

the next step is to prepare the on board air system. I will be using air bags to support the rear leafs while outfitted for camping.

I have tested and plan on installing a 110v dewalt finishing compressor (the model that dewalt carried over from emglo when they bought them) that I have had lying around the shop.
I have isolated the compressor and control panel (digital pressure switch) ,located conveniently in a nice plastic box.

I have also liberated 1gallon tank from the protective "roll cage". Which I will mount remotely under the flatbed.

The compressor is very quiet, and I would like to mount it behind the rear seats (fits very nicely)

Is their easy access within the cab to the "post" inverter power cable or should i replace it completely with the ARB harness. (Or just run heavier gauge wire??)...any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

The compressor will run fully loaded at 120psi no problem on the available 400w.

I would like to keep it fully independent of the house battery system, and will be deleting the rear 120v plug when the flatbed goes on.

I will be creating a build forum at adventure portal in the near future. If anyone is interested I will share the link here when it's created.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,289 Posts
Are you gonna post some pics as you go?
Looking forward to seeing how this project develops. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts