Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to cut the leaking flex pipe and put a new one with U bolt. Does anybody know the size ?
Will this flex pipe fit ie. go over the existing exhaust pipe?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Tundra, 2003 Highlander, 1997 Avalon
117 Posts
The overall length of the replacement flex pipe may not be the big issue but the diameter of that flex pipe compared to the stock pipe diameter could be. Might need some adapters and there is a good chance it will leak. After experiencing some crappy half-ass welding of a replacement flex pipe from Meinke muffler I recommend buying the entire front exhaust pipe preferably OEM.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
2,722 Posts
and definitely get stainless, that is, unless you like doing it over again, because carbon steel will rust out in only a few winters compared with the OEM stainless that lasted 10~15 years

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,933 Posts
Just be warned about the Autozone flex pipes - mine only last a handful of years before they need to be replaced. The mesh just came off my latest one yesterday. Though I may or may not have bottomed out the car yesterday on a dirt path.

·
Registered
2005 Tundra, 2003 Highlander, 1997 Avalon
117 Posts
Treated the ‘97 Avalon to a new set of pipes from the manifold to the tail pipe. Leaky front exhaust pipe with flex was perforated and rusted at the flex leaking exhaust fumes into the car. Once the exhaust manifold bolts were off and the post-CAT O2 sensor loosened the rest of the work was ez with ramps up front and jack stands in the rear. Got the Walker exhaust complete kit. Total bolt together with no welding nor crappy Meineke work.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Automotive design Gas
Hand Human body Wood Nail Human leg
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.