Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to cut the leaking flex pipe and put a new one with U bolt. Does anybody know the size ?
Will this flex pipe fit ie. go over the existing exhaust pipe?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Tundra, 2003 Highlander, 1997 Avalon
98 Posts
The overall length of the replacement flex pipe may not be the big issue but the diameter of that flex pipe compared to the stock pipe diameter could be. Might need some adapters and there is a good chance it will leak. After experiencing some crappy half-ass welding of a replacement flex pipe from Meinke muffler I recommend buying the entire front exhaust pipe preferably OEM.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,976 Posts
and definitely get stainless, that is, unless you like doing it over again, because carbon steel will rust out in only a few winters compared with the OEM stainless that lasted 10~15 years

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
1,040 Posts
FWIW, I saw them in bins at the local Autozone. You might use a caliper to get the diameter of the pipe on the car and see if they have something to fit.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,976 Posts
it looks like the flex pipes for the V6 are both also 2" diameter (each one serves 3 cylinders)

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,893 Posts
Just be warned about the Autozone flex pipes - mine only last a handful of years before they need to be replaced. The mesh just came off my latest one yesterday. Though I may or may not have bottomed out the car yesterday on a dirt path.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts