Toyota Nation Forum banner

Floor center replacement cost

775 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  itsthegenerator 
#1 ·
Hi there! I was looking under my car today and realized there is a part in the center of the floor of my car that is rusting out. Along a part of the floor that kind of sticks out in the middle. Surely, this is worrying me as I don't want it to get worse and I'm pretty sure I want/need to get it fixed before our crazy winters. I personally don't know anyone who could do the job for me, so I have no idea of the prices I'm looking at (was only told expensive, which doesn't really help). The car has only 150 000kms on it (good for a 15yo car) and I know it by heart, so selling it and buying another Corolla with unknown possible problems is not an option (I'd only be able to afford something in worse shape upfront right now). I'm thinking of getting someone/someplace to weld in a replacement pan, but might consider a whole floor while it's all apart anyway.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking my best choice here is finding someone to weld in some metal in the affected area. As in, not a shop but a skilled person. I'll ask around local forums and coworkers to see if anyone knows someone. I don't plan on keeping the car forever (obviousy) but I do plan on keeping it a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.