Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tranny has a hesitation in it, especially first thing in the morning. Seems like it's not doing anything and then goes.
When they do the floor mat recall and re-flash the computer for the acceleration/brake udpate, I've heard that will fix the tranny hesitation also...is that true ???
Thanks
Barry

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I don't think there's anything about the engine ECU program change that's being done for the recall that would have any effect on the trans. The trans has a separate computer. If anything, the tech might be disconnecting the battery (per the instructions) before removing the accelerator pedal assembly. That would reset the learning program for the trans, so it may behave differently for a short period of time.

There is a TSB (#0373-09) for 09-10 about abrupt trans shifting or hesitation at certain shift points (especially 2nd gear to 1st gear, below 20 MPH). That's fixed by updating the trans ECU program. If you go in for the recall with an 09-10, you can complain about the shifting and they'll do that at the same time.

·
Registered
'10 2WD AC SR5
621 Posts
My experience has been positive. Low speed (sub 25 mph) in the neighborhood shifting is much smoother ... it is not as if the transmission is searching to shift.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My '05 does not want to shift from 2nd to 3rd when its cold. Just revs a little higher before shifting until it gets warmed a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts