Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have grown tired of my exhaust being a little too mellow (actually I am just wishy washy as crap on it) and am thinking of going with the Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 after hearing it in clips and on one truck in person. I was just curious to those of you who have it what part number it is? My exhaust guy is gonna swap it out with my Magnaflow for $20, but needs to know which one I want... right now I have a single in single out, but could go for a single in dual out or with keeping the Y pipe... either way...


any suggestions and also part numbers? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
i personally love the delta flow 50 series. im getting two single in single outs on mine this week, ive already taken the old exhaust off, just unbolted it becuase its gonna save me 30 bucks on the install haha...sounds mean to with no muffler and just cats, i might actually run it like this for awhile...
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now that is funny--- what part number are you runnin? 942550? I am think about the 9430522 and ditching the Y- pipe... should make it meaner... not as mean as true duals though... that would be sweet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
So, I have grown tired of my exhaust being a little too mellow (actually I am just wishy washy as crap on it) and am thinking of going with the Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 after hearing it in clips and on one truck in person. I was just curious to those of you who have it what part number it is? My exhaust guy is gonna swap it out with my Magnaflow for $20, but needs to know which one I want... right now I have a single in single out, but could go for a single in dual out or with keeping the Y pipe... either way...


any suggestions and also part numbers? Thanks!
I have one i'll sell you, cheap! I put the 50 series on for about 30 miles and took it off. I just can't get over the sound of a 6 cyl w/ exhaust. IMO it sounds like shit no matter what brand of exhaust you put on it. After owning a V8 with Flowmaster, nothing compares...... Again, just my .02
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's the Delta Flow I'll take it... you hvae PM...
 

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
Mine is: Stock #942550, 2.5-inch, center inlet, center outlet.

I LOVE my Flowmaster.
 

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
If it's the Delta Flow I'll take it... you hvae PM...

eyedoc is singing to pointer, "money, money, money, money......................MONEY!"

sorry, i've watched too many episodes of The Apprentice.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
I had a 5.3l V8 Chevy truck with a 3 inch inlet and dual 2.5 outlets and big tips on each pipe to make it sound deeper. I liked it on that truck and my son had it put on his Ford F-150 inline 6. It is a different sound but still sounds pretty good. His is louder than it was on the Chevy because he has taken one of the cats off.
I have thought about doing the single in and dual outs with the big tips on the Tacoma just not real sure about how it is going to sound. I would love to hear one in person before jumping in. These are V6 motors so they should sound pretty good. True duals would be nice too. I just don't want it to sound like a ricer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I cut out my factory muffler and installed a delta 50. Everything looks stock and sounds good imo. I had a dodge with a 5.9 and flows, granted it doesn't sound that good, but sounds about as good as a 6 cyl. can. I love it and it looks good. If you were to go my route you just need the delta 50 with center in and center out 2.5' on both. Again you won't sound as nice as a V8, but you will def. sound better than those 4 cyl. rangers running around.
 

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I am feeling better and better about this... still waiting on OR_TRD to get back with me though...

eyedoc- you're killin' me smalls! Just hope the gf doesn't sign on here to see all the dough been goin' in the truck! HAHAHAHA when are we doing your lift already? end of the month?
 

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
yeah, I am feeling better and better about this... still waiting on OR_TRD to get back with me though...

eyedoc- you're killin' me smalls! Just hope the gf doesn't sign on here to see all the dough been goin' in the truck! HAHAHAHA when are we doing your lift already? end of the month?
fo shizzle money.... january 27th and 28th with *******.... U game?
 

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC
Joined
·
130 Posts
06chickentaco said:
I cut out my factory muffler and installed a delta 50. Everything looks stock and sounds good imo. I had a dodge with a 5.9 and flows, granted it doesn't sound that good, but sounds about as good as a 6 cyl. can. I love it and it looks good. If you were to go my route you just need the delta 50 with center in and center out 2.5' on both. Again you won't sound as nice as a V8, but you will def. sound better than those 4 cyl. rangers running around.
So is this the one you got, or would recommend? Muffler I had a 50 Series Delta Flow on my 2001 Tundra before selling it. I really liked it on the V8, but I'm concered about the sound on the V6. How is the drone on this one? It wasn't bad on my Tundra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Summit Racing has it for $99. Then you have to get it all welded up. Hmmmmm
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top