Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Prius. Ran air yesterday for 1st time this year. clear, watery fluid leaking from under car, between front wheels. big puddle after I got home. no odor, doesn't feel greasy. assumed it was condensation from air but....it is still dripping 18 hours later!
1) does condensation drip for that long after car off?
2) anything else it could be?
3) checked brake fluid receptacle to see if it was low but brake fluid is well above max level (but not full). is it ok to have fluid level above max?

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Condensation can't drip so long for sure. Brake fluid shouldn't be above the maximum, that the brake fluid is leaking, you probably would not be above maximum. Exclude that possibility. Did you check the water level?

·
Premium Member
'13 TAH & '10 FJC
895 Posts
Your A/C condensation drain may be partially blocked, too...still sounds like A/C condensation drain from your description..did it readily dry up?

You don't say where you are located...are you in a humid climate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iowa. Humid in August but not so much in May! It is still dripping but barely. But it is now close to 22 hours after driven & has been sitting in garage since 11:00 a.m. yesterday.

Toyota service tech responded to an email & said the following: "it is most likely still just condensation from the air conditioner. There is an outlet hose on the underside of vehicle, generally on the passenger side about straight down from the glove box (give or take a little in any direction). If the fluid appears to be clear and not oily w/ no fluids low , I would assume this is the case."
The leak is between the front wheels, but almost to the middle of the car. slightly closer to passenger side but not by much.

Where do I check the water level?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did rain off an on yesterday so humidity level fluctuated between 90+% to 40%. Note: I didn't drive through any puddles/ rain etc yesterday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts