Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 247 Posts

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,837 Posts
did a short video showing off the Philips DRL 8 systems. . .
Enjoy!
There were a couple problems with the video...

#1.The DRL=Daytime Running Lights. It would be nice to see them up close and in the somewhat lighter time/Dusk/dawn, etc.
#2.You didn't credit the legend, Paul Oakenfold for the music.

Good effort on the video, regardless :)

·
Registered
Toyota
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
There were a couple problems with the video...

#1.The DRL=Daytime Running Lights. It would be nice to see them up close and in the somewhat lighter time/Dusk/dawn, etc.
#2.You didn't credit the legend, Paul Oakenfold for the music.

Good effort on the video, regardless :)
WIll shoot new vids tomorrow to show how bright during the day.
hahaha, no credits yet this is my first time editing on my phone.

·
2014 HL AWD LTE Blk/Blk
227 Posts
Interior and License plate light "spec" (at least for the LE/+):

Visor: T5 no longer than 15MM (I had to cut the housing for the fitment)
Maps: Multi directional T10/5W
Doors: Multi directional T10 (The OEM has no wattage marked, but I would guess a 8W)
2nd/3rd Row overhead: Multi directional T10/8W
Cargo: Festoon 27mm 5W. I would try and get as bright as possible here since its one bulb.
License Plate: T10 short single direction 5W

For Map lights, I used a address label sticker (wait for the bulbs to be cool before hand, much cleaner), I wrapped it around and simply pulled, easy as pie.
For the Visor, I used a rag and small needle nose pliers to remove the bulb
Others are easier, just go slow and look for shorter tabs when popping the defusers.
Per the manual, the ones for the two doors should be 5W but I notice you're using 8W for them. Is thaat gonna create problems down the road? Or vice versa, if you put a 5W into the overhead ones instead of 8W?

·
*Just the Facts, Ma'm*
1,745 Posts
Fly - the more I see Blizzard Pearl and other HL colors, the more they are all growing on me. I initially wasn't crazy about the color palette, but am starting to really like some of the colors I originally wasn't enamored with...... Saw a Blizzard Pearl on the dealer lot the other day... and it WAS very SHARP!!!

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,837 Posts
The HIDs and LEDs look sick. Love it!

Don't mean to be that guy... but the song is Children by Robert Miles :)

LOL...I was thinking...This isn't Paul...but who? And I thought well I can't think of a better guess right now(No Shazam at the moment handy)!

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,837 Posts
Per the manual, the ones for the two doors should be 5W but I notice you're using 8W for them. Is thaat gonna create problems down the road? Or vice versa, if you put a 5W into the overhead ones instead of 8W?
They maybe 5Watts as the bulbs are unmarked. BUT LED's don't use wattage equal to halogen, it is better to compare lumens for equal light output. LED's are much more effecient than halogen.

If you put 5Watts into a 8watt capable line, the volts are being the same, it would do nothing but draw 5watts as opposed to 8watts.

·
Resident Nutcase
'08 Highlander Limtd
12,162 Posts
As for 8W or 5W bulbs

Your talking a 12V system, only thing that changes is the resistance of the filament, your only talking about ~0.25A increase in current, not even worth considering at all...but again all of this goes out the window when you start using LED bulbs.

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,837 Posts
Let's see the pix of the first diaper change at 5-10K miles :)

I can see the Blizt Pearl looking good with dark wheels....I just mentioned it as I caught some nice views of the white, and see how it is appealing...But I would like a bold look and would surely do a PlastiDip dark gray or black on the wheels. :)....Just for fun. When I do mine I will post pix.

·
Registered
Toyota
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
guys, what's the consensus for the LED interior lights - is there a complete bulb spec?
use the one above

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,837 Posts
101 - 120 of 247 Posts