Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Damn, that "flying" incident was OLD (1998, I remember watching that year's Le Mans race, one of the best ever :thumbup:)

The road-version of the CLK GTR is gorgeous :loove:

·
Registered
RZN140
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ Thanks, Alex :thumbup:

In the meantime, here's another vid of the road-version (for those who have no idea) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIVRves3CBU

There's also a 5th Gear vid with Tiff Needell driving one, but was deleted due to "copyright violation" :thumbdown
Echo, thanks for the vid.
Apparently the CLK GTR always ran into some sort of mechanical problem (first one being aerodynamic)...whick later on Mercedes ''fixed''.
Transmission problem and so forth. I think a CLK GTR cost about 1.5 Mill Dollars...a lot more than what Bugatti asks for the Veyron.

Anyway...
I have tons of other pics of Ferrari (FXX, Challenge F430, F1 cars, Maserati MC12, Scaglietti, 350 GTO, F40, Porsche GT3 RS....)...the list is long.
I will try to upload them this week.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Echo, thanks for the vid.
Apparently the CLK GTR always ran into some sort of mechanical problem (first one being aerodynamic)...whick later on Mercedes ''fixed''.
Transmission problem and so forth. I think a CLK GTR cost about 1.5 Mill Dollars...a lot more than what Bugatti asks for the Veyron.
No problem, I can't take credit for that vid, I just searched and posted the link, didn't do much :D I did have a vid (dunno where it is now) that talks about some rich dudes over in the Middle-East (oil tycoons), but one of the guy featured is also a very successful rally-driver. And he owns a collection of exotic cars that even Jay Leno can only dream of (sort of :lol:), and one of the car he drove in the video was the CLK GTR......lucky bastard :rolleyes::D Couldn't find it on youtube though, otherwise I'll post it here too.

And you're right about mechanical problems. I remember reading a rant from somewhere that the owner bought the car (either brand new or very low mileage), paid millions for one, and tried to start it, and it couldn't start. The dealership he bought it from didn't do anything to remedy the problem, so the owner posted a rant on some forum (which other car forums caught on), and apparently there was also a lawsuit (obviously lol). Dunno what the outcome was though :dunno:

Anyway...
I have tons of other pics of Ferrari (FXX, Challenge F430, F1 cars, Maserati MC12, Scaglietti, 350 GTO, F40, Porsche GT3 RS....)...the list is long.
Yeah man, put them up, the more the merrier :thumbup::thumbup:

You can make a brand new thread over at "Show and Share" so that'll be your photo-sharing thread :cool:

·
Registered
RZN140
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait until I upload pics of Ferrari FXX, Lamborghini Miura, LP640, the Enzo, Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F50 Convertible. Porsche 9FF, RUF, Gemballa....and even the Honda Civic Type R Hatch (only sold in Europe)....:lol:.....:thumbdown....blah blah blah.

·
Registered
RZN140
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah man, put them up, the more the merrier :thumbup::thumbup:

You can make a brand new thread over at "Show and Share" so that'll be your photo-sharing thread :cool:
I will do so, thank you.
Alex

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Anyway...
Wait until I upload pics of Ferrari FXX, Lamborghini Miura, LP640, the Enzo, Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F50 Convertible. Porsche 9FF, RUF, Gemballa....and even the Honda Civic Type R Hatch (only sold in Europe)....:lol:.....:thumbdown....blah blah blah.
For those who're curious, here's the link to the pics of those exotics http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237755

·
Registered
'04 Prius
444 Posts
The CLK GTR was at HIN in San Mateo roped off of course in the VIP area a few years back. It actually had a note written that it was for sale out at a high line dealer in Los Gatos. I wish I still had the pictures but I think last time my hard drive took a dump they went with it. Let me tell you standing next to that thing it was LOW and actually seemed small for how powerful it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts