Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was parked at a grocery store to run in a get a few things came out to see that my westin bullbar and a small dent in it. Then looked at it some more and was like thats really pressed up on the bumper. Front of the bumper looked good till i got to the sides:headbang:. It broke the tabs that have it so the bumper hangs on flush. I brought it to toyota right a way and asked what they could do. said a new bumper for 652..:headbang::headbang::headbang: the price they gave me on the bumper is 236 and then paint and mount is the rest. ughhhhhhh I just researched quick and came across the bumper for 133 oem primerd and everything. Is that all that I would need is the bumper? I know they can reuse the fogs and I'm guessing the guard in front of it comes with the bumper? also tabs i dunno i'm pissed if someone could let me know how to do this the cheapest that'd be sweet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
^ I guess I'm not the only one who would see this as a positive thing lol...

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
^ +1 Or an ARB. Lots of choices better than the weak Toyota OEM plastic.

But you'll need to upgrade your front suspension likely to handle the increased weight.

LOL I kinda hope I tear mine off on the next trail run. Then I'll have to get a new one, right...

·
Registered
666 Posts
That would be the route I would go, I think you can have an ARB painted body match for just right over the quoted price, on top of that, your insurance premiums would not go up

·
Registered
108 Posts
That would be the route I would go, I think you can have an ARB painted body match for just right over the quoted price, on top of that, your insurance premiums would not go up
Nice user name, first of all (the Cummins part)

What part of what people are talking about would raise his premiums? Are you referring to using the insurance to get it fixed, or is there a part that makes insurance more expensive?

Genuinely curious, that's all.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you claim it on insurance your rates will most likely go up. I yellow pole hit my passenger door (fk'er came out of no where) and did ~2800 worth of damage, my rates went up since I claimed it

·
Banned
873 Posts
i have a ARB bumper with a warn winch love it.

i have a silver taco with a perfect front bumper and wrap and everthing.

but I am in Winnipeg Manitoba. not sure how much shipping would be ...

its not heavy under 100 pounds i am sure.

cheers
Warts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Guess it depends on you coverage. I had a clam on a Camaro back when I was in my early 20's and my rate did go up at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts