Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla le
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Corolla LE. My car didn't have fog lights originally but I was thinking about installing them. I looked under the car and saw that the car is pre-wired for fogs (partially). After looking at it I can tell that the GREEN wires coming out of the connectors are the positive and the WHITE w/ BLACK lines are the grounds. The Grounds are pre-grounded but I can't seem to see where the GREEN wires head to after they join up with a larger group of wires under the radiator support. Can anyone help me out? Once I know where the GREEN wires end up, the rest of the wiring will be a breeze!

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
wires are all set up. BUT you need the stock switch (stalk) and stock Relay to use the wires. MUCH easier (and cheaper) to run the wires in the kit if one is bought

·
Registered
2010 Corolla le
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the switch wires are pre-wired as well? Where was the stock switch located?

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
no stock relay is behind the "ash tray" (bottom most part of the dash with the flip up lid) and requires the dash to be taken apart a bit to get to.

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
why would you need to take the engine bay appart?! :whatthe:

stock harness is right where it should be, just add the lights, switch and relay...

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
9 Posts
The relay is behind the climate controls in the center stack above the console. To replace the dimmer switch you will need to pull the steering wheel. I purchased the relay and new light switch from Toyota BEFORE verifying that my 2010 Corolla LE was pre wired for factory fog lights.( IT wasn't). If you decide to do the foglights with the factory wiring PM me. I have a brand new light switch and relay still in Toyota factory packaging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts