Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Highlander XLE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and got my 2014 HL XLE AWD in Jan.

I was plan to replace the fog light bulbs, so I look at the manual and find the fog light bulb's type is H16. Then I go online and search, and most picture I found is like this:

But today when I try to replace the light bulbs, I found it looks like this:

Now I'm screwed.....so which one is H16? or both? I would like to change mine to the LED one, for the first pic's connector, what can I do now?

Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

:thanks:

·
Registered
2014 Highlander XLE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. I would ask the person you purchased the bulbs from to swap, as I doubt Toyota spec is a mistake.
Thanks for your advise...but I can't do swap, I got these bulbs from outside of US as a gift. What a waste now.....:disappoin

·
Registered
2014 Highlander XLE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top pic is a 5202 LED bulb and not a true H16 bulb and is sometimes confused as an H16 bulb. The yellow bulb is an actual H16 bulb.
That's what I doubt too, but if you do a search on ebay or anywhere else for "H16 LED light bulb", you will see most most result come out ask the first pic.

·
Registered
Toyota
719 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and got my 2014 HL XLE AWD in Jan.

I was plan to replace the fog light bulbs, so I look at the manual and find the fog light bulb's type is H16. Then I go online and search, and most picture I found is like this:

But today when I try to replace the light bulbs, I found it looks like this:

Now I'm screwed.....so which one is H16? or both? I would like to change mine to the LED one, for the first pic's connector, what can I do now?

Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

:thanks:
Went through the same situation as you did. I purchase H16(left image) and obviously it did not fit. I went ahead and purchased another set of H11 which is a direct fit. Some new Toyota and Lexus vehicles are using this new H16 bulb which is basically a H11 bulb.
If your looking to upgrade the bulb to LED or HID then you need to get a H11 fitment

·
Registered
2014 Highlander XLE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went through the same situation as you did. I purchase H16(left image) and obviously it did not fit. I went ahead and purchased another set of H11 which is a direct fit. Some new Toyota and Lexus vehicles are using this new H16 bulb which is basically a H11 bulb.
If your looking to upgrade the bulb to LED or HID then you need to get a H11 fitment
Yea, I also found that it's actually just H11. So I have to order again....waste so much time.....that's really a misleading from the Owner's manual......

Thanks for your info.....I just placed my new order....now I'm hoping the seller ship the right product.....lol...don't feel like to get screwed from another way.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Highlander XLE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are very different, i tried checking the fogs. removed H16 and compare to H11 yes they are identical but placing H11 on the fog housing will not fit. i tried patiently and they wont fit.
Ok, so what now? Can't really find something that's "identical" to this HL's special H16. And can't tell if it's gonna fit our car.......

I really hope the H11 I ordered can fit in......:facepalm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok, so what now? Can't really find something that's "identical" to this HL's special H16. And can't tell if it's gonna fit our car.......

I really hope the H11 I ordered can fit in......:facepalm:
Check e website I'd posted. I think that is the official Nokya site. They make LED fog light bulbs and regular halogen bulbs for the special 19w h16 bulbs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.