Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off I own a 2005 Tundra SR-5 TRD. And I would definately say switching to a Toyota has been a good decision. But anyways, to my question/concern. I was wondering if there was anyway to turn on my fog lights without having to turn on my headlights?? If there is any possible way please let me know. Thanks
-Josh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good question!

I had a Honda CR-V, and by studying the wiring diagram, I figured out not only how to re-wire it so the fog lights were controlled independently of the headlight switch, I wired them so that they worked only when the ignition was on, AND the installation of the OEM system would not require the freakin' disassembly of the whole dash and center console, that was otherwise required!

ANYWAY, I have a 06 and would like to re-wire them the same way. I have seen an article on how to do it to a Tacoma, but none on the Tundra. I can't locate a wiring diagram for the Tundra either.

IF ANYONE HAS A WIRING DIAGRAM, let me know and I will figure it out, do the modification and document it for all to see.

I just can't get my greasy fingers on a diagram!
Joe

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
10,653 Posts
Like joe said^. I'm not sure how the Tundra fuse box is laid out, but you could do somthing like this mod I did to my Tacoma.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t79485.html

With this mod, Instead of the headlights activating the fog lights, now the ignition system activates the fog lights. You can have the fog lights on anytime that the ignition is On.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Tacoma mod, unfortunately, will not work on the Tundra.

If you route IGN ON power to either of the smaller spade connectors on the relay, as done in the Tacoma Mod, it just doesn't work. If you put the IGN ON power to one spade, the fogs won't work when the low beams are on. If you put the power to the other spade, the fogs are always on with the IGN on power, regardless of the position of the fog light switch.

This mod probably has to be done at the fog light switch, not the relay. but without a wiring diagram, we'll never know!
joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
joewildlife
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing