Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Camry 2.2L, i4, 205k miles
----------------------------------
Where do I wire these little suckers into? They go in the little holes in the plastic bumper shells, sure, but where do the wires go..?
I have zero experience with this but my area is foggy and these would be super practical.
If they simply turn on when I turn on my headlights, then that's fine, I'm not super fussy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
4,494 Posts
Even though there are factory holes for fog lights does not mean the factory included wiring in your model.

If it were me I'd use a relay and a dash switch. Wire the lights direct to the positive side of battery with appropriate fuse to the relay, then run a wire from the relay to a dash switch with a light so you know when they're on. You can buy special battery mount connectors with integral fuse which makes hook up a lot easier.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. This "special battery mount connectors with integral fuse" I looked on Ebay but think I'm not looking properly, as my search brought up exotic gear costing over $100; I think this doesn't reflect what you mean. :(

Can you give me an Ebay link to the thing you think fits what you're describing..?

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
4,494 Posts
I used this marine circuit adapter for my truck: ST Blade Battery Terminal Mount Fuse Block - Blue Sea Systems

But you can maybe also use this type:
With the FuseTap you'll need to find an appropriate existing fuse block circuit to tap into. You'll need one that can handle the additional amps the lights will demand. Also I found that the FuseTap can prevent using the fuse cover as the height may not allow it to seat.

The safer method is the first one where you won't need to worry about the added amps on an existing circuit. As well there will be extra fuse connections for future use. There are single circuit types such as THIS but they require wiring to the existing battery post. Your local parts store might give some other options on style and price.

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
4,494 Posts
So that "Universal Wiring Kit" may work. If the fog lamps are LEDs then they will use far less amps and the FuseTap may work. Check the lamp specs for amperage use. As well with the FuseTap you may be able to tap into a circuit controlled by the ignition switch so that when the key is off the lamps are off.

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,616 Posts
There's a camry at the local junk yard I could try and get and cannibalize. The fog switch and everything would work. The only difference is you'd wire up the fogs you have to the plugs on the one from the junk yard

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts