Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Trix (07) didn't come with fog lights; so got a set and installed them...Harness is already in the bumper...

Anyway, I got a fog light switch and it has two wires - a red and a white colored wire.

What is the best way to hook up the fog light switch?

.Eric

·
Taco Lover
2011 Tacoma
235 Posts
strip out about 1/2 an inch of each of the wires. put both leads on your tongue. have somebody else turn on the car and turn on the fog lights. it should feel pretty good.

without looking at the lights or getting a part number with a brand, i dont think many people will be able to help much. essentially it sounds like a nice simple setup of connecting up each of the 2 wires with either 2 terminals on the lights or 2 wires coming from the lights. if it is the wires, then 2 wire nuts will be very useful, and i would also suggest using some electrical tape to keep the wires together better. if it is terminals, then it is likely 2 screws to loosen, then retighten with wires or stak ons (stak ons are the little fork things that you crimp onto wire)

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon reviewing some wiring diagrams found on this forum, I connected the two wires to the connector that connects to the signaling arm...

So now whenever I needa turn on the fog light, I first needa turn on the headlight, then flip the switch!!

.Eric

·
Taco Lover
2011 Tacoma
235 Posts
that sounds right. my foggers won't kick on if they are turned on until the DRLs think it is too dark and put on full lighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts