Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla/Tercel
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 CE, I want to add fog lights to my car. I have read a few threads on the subject. I have found 2 plugs under the car in the area where the fog lamps would go, and there is currently a 15 amp fuse in the fog lamp outlet in the engine bay fuse box. Is it safe to say that my car is pre wired for the foglamps?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
It looks like it besides not having a light stalk with the switch and relay, just like on my le. I was under the impression that the ce did not come prewired from the factory for fogs but I guess that is wrong.

·
Registered
Corolla/Tercel
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was surprised to see the wiring there myself. For what its worth, my car is a Corolla CE 20th Anniversary Edition. Its fully loaded including a sunroof. Perhaps this special edition got the LE harness since it has most of the options the LE has?

·
Registered
Corolla/Tercel
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We didn't get that edition in the states.
I think I read somewhere that this was a Canadian model. The 20th anniversary package commemerates 20 years of building Corollas in Cambridge Ontario. Kinda of weird that it was only available up here though. Usually its the other way around, we usually get screwed up here with limited edition runs going to the States only.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 08 CE, I want to add fog lights to my car. I have read a few threads on the subject. I have found 2 plugs under the car in the area where the fog lamps would go, and there is currently a 15 amp fuse in the fog lamp outlet in the engine bay fuse box. Is it safe to say that my car is pre wired for the foglamps?
I would remove the steering wheel bottom cover (2 screws) to check and look for the pre-wire connection for fogs supposed in the light stark in LEs. If it is not there, I would run separate wire for foglights from the fusebox to the dash.
Just my 2 cents

:chug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts