Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a thread asking what you guys would do in my situation. The dealer carelessly scatched the crap out of my dash while scraping off the out of state inspection sticker. They tried to redye it in that area and it looked worse than it did before. After a lot of run around and fighting around, I demanded either a dash replacement or a new, identical truck. They told me either I could get my money back, or have the dash replaced. At first, I just wanted my money back and after doing a few days search, I can't find the same truck for less than $700 more than what I paid for that one. I don't want to spend that much more $$$, so how bad do you think it would be to get the top section of the dash replaced ? Do you think it would do more harm than good ? If it is replaced, I will be present for the entire operation to ensure proper care is taken and will have an extended warranty be placed on my dash and the insides of it for free. What do you guys think ?

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
In my old Jeep my dash was removed completely and they re-installed it perfectly.

They had to remove the whole damn dash becuase an A/C vent was stuck. THey took care of me completely they even took precaution with my indash ALPINE TV. I really like the local Jeep service department. They charge $$$$$$ but their work is TOP NOTCH.

I am not too familiar with Toyota yet. Locally they do good oil changes and such but warranty issues I don't know yet. We will find out.

If they don't do your work properly this could cause rattles and noises and things to not work right. It's a big risk. Airbags and all that will be affected probably. If you said a little more than 700 for a new truck I would get one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only had the truck for 3 weeks, but have over 2300 miles on it right now. I drive a lot. It is a silver 2005 with an automatic transmission, 4 wheel drive, access cab, and 6 cd changer.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Dam. I have had my truck since July 3, 2005 and I have 3200 miles. I would get a new one because if they are offering money back I would take that. It's better to get a new truck even if it costs more than to fix it. That's a big job they have to do. I doubt anyone has done that to their truck yet. Why didn't you take off the sticker yourself! It could have been done in 10 minutes with a hair dryer and Goo-Gone. Get a new one make the sacrifice. You have an opportunity to get a NEW one. I would in a heartbeat. :thumbup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
IMO, I would definitely go the new "replacement" truck route. The dash assembly on the new Tacomas are all one piece with the exception of the meter cluster, stereo/heater opening, and glove box. For them to replace the dash would mean taking all this off, then dropping your dash, not as easy task. Not to mention increasing the chances of things not being hooked back up right and the fit of all these parts. Its not like the dealer is used to taking Tacoma dashes apart, which means more chances for other things to go wrong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a similar problem with the dealer. It was when i brought the truck to them for the alarm. I noticed that they scratched the crap out of the bottom part of the steering column. An the best part about it was there was a door ding on the rear passenger door! Your talking about a truck that was brand new with less than 300 miles on it when this happen in there dealership. when i confronted them on it, the service manager said it would be taken care of. So they had to order an new column cover. An had an outside dent guy fix the ding. So they made good on their screw ups. Everything was back to the way it was after they fixed it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.