4301 - 4320 of 4429 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Hope no one was injured or killed hd.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
One blew through my area knocking out power for 3 days. Had the trees Salsa dancing and throwing a lot of their clothes off for me to pick up. Just grateful no trees fell on my home because that wind was crazy. One neighbor had a tree fall on their shed and another neighbor had a tree fall over their driveway and a downed power line where they couldn't leave their home until the 3rd day. No one dead that I know of but a lot of trees fell on homes and apartments in the area and days later dummies were still blocking traffic to stop and take pictures of the damage.
:facepalm:

Had grilled chicken, pork, sausage, beans and tater salad today with family and friends. Took home left overs and a piece of cake to eat later and tomorrow. Enjoying the much needed day off.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
If you listed a picture above your post I'm not seeing it. What food you talking about?

Oh I forgot peaches and cherries in my list hd. So yummy!

Much thanks to our vets living and passed for another good day. Had lasagna with garlic bread. :licklips:

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,306 (Edited)
I made a detour and was able to get home for about half a day before I go to work in Kansas City. I'm thankful for the chance to be home on the holiday.

I did a much less involved cookout with the in laws. Just brats and dogs with some corn and hashbrowns with rolls. And chocolate silk pie for desert.

I have had a good week eating. I was down an additional 2.5 lbs in 4 days but I did a cheat day today.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If you listed a picture above your post I'm not seeing it. What food you talking about?

Oh I forgot peaches and cherries in my list hd. So yummy!

Much thanks to our vets living and passed for another good day. Had lasagna with garlic bread. :licklips:

Strange because it shows on my screen. maybe this will come through.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
How do you like that ale btw?

Kev's talking about ice cream got me wanting a small cone today so I did. First one I've had in ages. Was good. Helped me cool right off after a miserably hot day sweating in my eyes and safety glasses.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
How do you like that ale btw?

Kev's talking about ice cream got me wanting a small cone today so I did. First one I've had in ages. Was good. Helped me cool right off after a miserably hot day sweating in my eyes and safety glasses.

I like the ale a lot. Not as heavy as a lot of other Irish or British brews I've tried. I first found it at an Irish pub while visiting in Florida. I was told it is a true traditional Irish Pub as you make your order at the bar and they bring it to your table. Maybe someone here knows if that is really true.
Anyway they do not serve the usual domestic beers there and have many beers on tap. As you can get the "known names" in many places I have been trying various beers each time I go. Here is a link to their beer menu,

https://celticray.net/drinks-menu/

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,314
Sorry to hear that. The ones I have been to in the midwest have been consistent. Only one out of dozens I have stopped at had stale peanuts in a peanut buster parfait. All the burgers etc have been good and the steak fingers are a on the road treat.

Today I skipped lunch and got some miles in so I splurged on some real food at Cracker Barrel as I don't get around them often.

The sampler.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Haven't eaten at one of those in probably two decades.

The burger didn't look like the picture today but the last one I got awhile back did. It's hit and miss with mine here. Got a small oreo blizzard the other day and it had a hard red candy accidentally mixed in, or maybe deliberately for kicks I'll never know.

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,316
So after Hummus and celery for dinner last night and lunch today I wanted a real meal after my 1000 calorie run on the mountain.

Fries are more done than I like but hit the spot with a chocolate and cherry shake.
Feltner's Whatta-Burger
1410 N Arkansas Ave, Russellville, AR 72801
(479) 968-1410
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Go5wXa3FknGqXhVP9

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,318
Yes and no. It's why I'm here in a sense and we are working around the trouble. I rescued a gar in a spot today it had no buisness being in. It has recede a bit in some areas so hopefully it's the start of the end of it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes and no. It's why I'm here in a sense and we are working around the trouble. I rescued a gar in a spot today it had no buisness being in. It has recede a bit in some areas so hopefully it's the start of the end of it.
Well, it's T-storming here today (as I type this). No grass cutting today.

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,320
Ozark Arkansas.

Had some local bbq. Good ribs and brisket, pulled pork was dry. Potato salad was good, beans rather bland. I'm still happy though it means more time in the gym.

4301 - 4320 of 4429 Posts