Toyota Nation Forum banner

4321 - 4340 of 4429 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I feel your pain clone. Shockingly it's been drying out here the past month finally after a year of mush in the yards.

Had half of a steak egg cheese breakfast burrito with pico and salsa. Was so yummy. Cut the other half for my uncle. He said it was so good I must have dropped it on the floor twice. :lol:

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,322
So after a 15 hour day I had my cheeseburger in spite of no workout.

CJ's Butcher Boy Burgers
2803 N Arkansas Ave, Russellville, AR 72802
(479) 968-2300
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HA7HqPYgs3LhCykY8

They grind their own hamburger. This is a double bacon jalapeno cheeseburger with a chocolate malt.

Notice the big cut of meat they grind for hamburgers. First place I have been to that does that.

Hand cut fries everything was fresh and delicious. Just enough grease to get your fingers juicy. It really hit the spot. Cute little late 20's manager being very flirty as well.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
Token Aussie
1,732 Posts
First roast of the winter - one of the country's biggest poultry processors is just down the road and they have a factory outlet, scored a boned+stuffed chicken roast for $3 so that's going in the oven along with sweet potato, red and brown onions and carrot. Decidedly lacking in green though so not sure what to do in that department...

·
Premium Member
34,618 Posts
First roast of the winter - one of the country's biggest poultry processors is just down the road and they have a factory outlet, scored a boned+stuffed chicken roast for $3 so that's going in the oven along with sweet potato, red and brown onions and carrot. Decidedly lacking in green though so not sure what to do in that department...
Do you mean from a growing your own standpoint, or do you mean adding green vegetables to the meal? For the latter, I'd add steamed broccoli. :licklips:

·
Token Aussie
1,732 Posts
Do you mean from a growing your own standpoint, or do you mean adding green vegetables to the meal? For the latter, I'd add steamed broccoli. :licklips:
A case of trying to balance the colour out with what was available in the pantry/fridge. Ended up throwing some beans in to the roasting tray with about 15 minutes to go

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Dadgum hd you're killing me!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Grilled up a flank steak then grilled a tortilla and added Mex cheese with hot sauce. Was so good but the meat is chewy so I wouldn't win any competition yet I'll still enjoy eating the left overs even if I do have to pick my teeth clean afterward. :D

You guys use overnight marinade to prevent that with flank steaks where it's not chewy and cook to well done where the meat is dry?

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,333
Had some pasta primavera at the lodge after my hike today. It was ok, not exceptional. Everything tastes great when your super hungry though.

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,334 (Edited)
For some reason it didn't move that post to the GC when I tried. Must be something on mobile?

Tonight I had more food than I have in a long time. I had nothing but a couple hundred calories of veggies, a Gatorade, and a protien bar before a massive hike. The appetite I had was epic.

So I splurged on a $20 all you can eat catfish buffet from here--
Brown's Catfish
1804 E Main St, Russellville, AR 72802
(479) 968-3360
https://maps.app.goo.gl/EPpYbp6jpUdraAGW7

Seafood gumbo was great. They also gave me sweet tea by mistake but it was ok, not sickeningly sweet like the last few times I have had it at places.

Rolls were soft, everything was fresh and cooked well. The hushpuppies were nothing special but still hit the spot. Only thing I didn't really care for was the crab cakes. I ended up having three plates. Time for a nice long nap haha.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Got a new Moto G6 phone that takes much better pictures than I've been posting here before. Just had this flank steak taco with Mex cheese, pico and salsa. Would have been even better if I grilled the tortilla but I was hungry and it was really good either way. Washed down with sweet tea then finished with some red grapes which were also tasty.

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,337
8.6lb pork shoulder smoked overnight 13 hours.

Tried to fall apart taking it off the smoker.

The bone just pulled right out. Shredded and ready for pulled pork sandwiches.

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,339 (Edited)

·
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,340
4321 - 4340 of 4429 Posts