Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Ebay. I;m building my 1MZ and will remove the 2MZ when finished.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this, but it started doing this tonight...I am a little confused on kmfcd5's post. Has anyone posted a DIY on this? I have tried searching. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
12,866 Posts
This is probably the best DIY thread for it. What do you need help with? Here's a pic showing the wires to splice at the ECU...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, this is what I was looking for, the solaraguy link is dead so I could not find it. My code is P0330, so which one do I cut? And can I use quick splice connectors?

·
Super Moderator
12,866 Posts
You have the same error code as kfmcd5, so should do the same thing:

Then I spliced the wire the was connected to E11, pin 28 ... to the wire from knock sensor 1 going to pin 27 of E11. So essentially the knock sensor 1 was feeding E11, pin 27 and 28 from the same sensor with paralllel wiring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
UPDATE:
I did this mod over 2 years and 70K miles ago and all is still good! Also - I have always run 87 octane gas with no problems. Gotta love the 3VZ-FE!

·
Registered
95 Posts
okay so bringing back a thread here, lets say I do this to pass emissions, but let say my other knock sensor goes or I decide to get it fixed, what happens to the cut wire?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do plan on getting it fixed, I just dont know when or If ill have the cash to get it fixed before emissions test, reason being also need to change my rear valve cover gaskets so might as well change knock sensors while gaskets r being changed

·
Super Moderator
12,866 Posts
okay so bringing back a thread here, lets say I do this to pass emissions, but let say my other knock sensor goes or I decide to get it fixed, what happens to the cut wire?
Do it in a way that you can reconnect them back to the way they were.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts