Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How is the quality of these JDM Headlights? Fingerprints? Fog?

I searched around but only got a couple vague reviews on them.

I know GreySky reported fingerprints? :thumbsdow

The reason I am asking is because my stock lights that I painted black are already starting to fog up. :sosad:

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
I am curious to this answer as well as I am hesitant to do the mod myself.

I think HSRacer is also looking at these.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a set of black headlights from ebay. The light pattern/dispersion not as good as stock, and they also were a PITA to get aimed. I still don't have them aimed correctly. The left headlight has what looks like a oil or grease smear on the inside. Its in the lower outside corner and not in an area where the light shines thru. I was going to try to clean it with a rag and screwdriver but figured I would probably make it worse.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a set of black headlights from ebay. The light pattern/dispersion not as good as stock, and they also were a PITA to get aimed. I still don't have them aimed correctly. The left headlight has what looks like a oil or grease smear on the inside. Its in the lower outside corner and not in an area where the light shines thru. I was going to try to clean it with a rag and screwdriver but figured I would probably make it worse.
Do you have the lights with the clear lens or the amber lens?

Was it by any chance this eBay seller?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-2007-2008-TOYOTA-TACOMA-BLACK-EURO-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370185953526QQitemZ370185953526QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Insitu Taco
06 Taco D-Cab Sport
463 Posts
My ebay lights are great. Seller was Revotec -- they have the orange lenses inside.

I also replaced my stockers due to fogging after a BHLM... they were fine in AZ but as soon as I moved to MD they fogged up... :eek:

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Mine fogged but I just opened them up let them dry, wiped them out and re-sealed. Everything is much better now and haven't had any problems since. If you buy them, just reseal them when they arive with some silicone. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
i was considering them but i think i'll just run it stock. i've got a black bull bar now and i don't want to much black up front. we'll see...

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine fogged but I just opened them up let them dry, wiped them out and re-sealed. Everything is much better now and haven't had any problems since. If you buy them, just reseal them when they arive with some silicone. :thumbsup:
Do you have the ones with clear lens or amber lens?

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My ebay lights are great. Seller was Revotec -- they have the orange lenses inside.

I also replaced my stockers due to fogging after a BHLM... they were fine in AZ but as soon as I moved to MD they fogged up... :eek:
How long have you had them for?

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Just add marine silicone to the seal before you put them back together. Mine are fine.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just add marine silicone to the seal before you put them back together. Mine are fine.
You mean around the edges?

Or take apart the housing then adding the silicone?

I added a second round of silicone around my stock headlights and it came out all messy. :headbang:

I am also afraid of fingerprints inside the housing as well as fogging.

BTW: I am pretty sure this is PB's truck they used for advertising...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-2007-2008-TOYOTA-TACOMA-JDM-BLACK-HEAD-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem220392673248QQitemZ220392673248QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
04 4runner
291 Posts
You mean around the edges?

Or take apart the housing then adding the silicone?

I added a second round of silicone around my stock headlights and it came out all messy. :headbang:

I am also afraid of fingerprints inside the housing as well as fogging.

BTW: I am pretty sure this is PB's truck they used for advertising...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-2007-2008-TOYOTA-TACOMA-JDM-BLACK-HEAD-LIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem220392673248QQitemZ220392673248QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I wore rubber gloves when messing with the lights to keep the finger prints out. I added clear silicone to the grove that the lens sits in. Not to much but not to little. Then pressed them together, heated again and pressed even harder. Mine had been through snow, heat, rain, water and anything I can throw at it. Not a drop of water in it. Some of my friends have had the same problem with fogging. I have repeated the process with theirs and they also work great now.

As for being PBs truck, it is. They just photoshoped their headlights on the front of it. Wonder if he knows

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wore rubber gloves when messing with the lights to keep the finger prints out. I added clear silicone to the grove that the lens sits in. Not to much but not to little. Then pressed them together, heated again and pressed even harder. Mine had been through snow, heat, rain, water and anything I can throw at it. Not a drop of water in it. Some of my friends have had the same problem with fogging. I have repeated the process with theirs and they also work great now.

As for being PBs truck, it is. They just photoshoped their headlights on the front of it. Wonder if he knows
Do you have a quick picture of your silicone job around the lens?

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
That is interesting. I did not even notice PB's truck.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Do you have a quick picture of your silicone job around the lens?
It doesn't really matter if the silicone is a little messy because you wont really be able to see it that much unless you are searching for it and the hood is open.

I've had mine for almost a year and they came with no fingerprints.

Here is a bad pic of my headlights, but you can kind of tell how they look.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
which ebay seller would you guys recommend getting the bhlm headlights from?
Revotec

After countless hours of researching the seller "Revotec", I have come to a conclusion that their headlights won't fog up. :banana:

However, the ones who sell the clear lens headlights WILL fog up or show fingerprints in the inside.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts