Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone drives a corolla to track? I don't mean the AE86, I mean my generation.

I am getting blown away by everyone, I know my car is slow, but this is what I have to drive for now, so I just want to have fun with it.

It would be even more fun if there is another 4AFE or equals in the GTA to go with me so that I can keep up and compare skills level, not how many valves its got.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
unfortunately, dragging is more the car than the driver. autox is more the driver than the car ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah......... I just want to compare skills.................... not how much money I got so I can get an sti and add a turbo and intercooler with lsd........

It would be so good if there are some corolla's at track or autox so that I can find out if my skills is slowing me down, which I dont' think so...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if u can't beat them in the straights....eat them up in the corners....work on ur suspension and make the car handle well on the track so that in the corners..ur right on their asses....put some pressure on them......;)

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
When you say track, do you mean a strip or auto-x?

Like Falnfenix said if your doing strip, its mainly the car, although you can get a lucky break, especially if they are not double clutching with their Type-r Civic Si conversions.

But if your doing road courses and auto-x its more or less your skill and the way you handle the car. I have seen Tercels come out and lay the smackdown on alot of cars and the only upgrades they have is anti-roll bars and a lower stiffer suspension.

For turns, you want to brake at the lkast second, but not slamming on the brakes, and come into the turn from the oppisite side of the track and exiting the apex on the same side... that will cut down your times dramatically

·
Registered
193 Posts
i do track my car :cool:

jsut soup up your suspension nicely and get some decent tires or Rs.. then u're good to go :thumbup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to have lowered suspension, gutted interior and straight pipe and tow it to the track.......by track I mean a real race track....... PPl in Ontario will know about Shannonville for sure.

But this car is a all around car for me now, I want to race it, but I need to load it up sometimes when I move into residence. When I get another car, and some money......after paying off my school debt........ I will for sure make a full blown race car.

For now, I just want to have a slow car to compete with me. Last time I was there, 350z, TT, G35, prelude, GT3 were there and it seems like I ain't even moving...........

Cor low la.......who do u go with to track

1 - 7 of 7 Posts