Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u guys know how many JBL amps do we have under the seats? I thought there is only 1 amp, which is under the passenger seat, but I saw another black box under the driver seat next to the vent, same as the passenger side which is next to the vent also. But the driver side cover is a little different than the passenger. I didn't wanna open it cause last time it took me all night to put it back, it was tricky to get the cover back on. :headbang: :lol:

So maybe u audio gurus know something I don't? :thankyou:

·
Retrofit For the Win
494 Posts
Do u guys know how many JBL amps do we have under the seats? I thought there is only 1 amp, which is under the passenger seat, but I saw another black box under the driver seat next to the vent, same as the passenger side which is next to the vent also. But the driver side cover is a little different than the passenger. I didn't wanna open it cause last time it took me all night to put it back, it was tricky to get the cover back on. :headbang: :lol:

Hmm that's a good question, my dads 07 Hybrid has the JBL system. I thought there was only one amp, and I don't get much of a chance to really look deep into his car.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm that's a good question, my dads 07 Hybrid has the JBL system. I thought there was only one amp, and I don't get much of a chance to really look deep into his car.
After driving n cleaning this car for almost a year now I just noticed it this morning when putting my air freshner under the seat. I'm like.. what the hell is this?! I thought the amp is on the other side?! :lol:

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,409 Posts
Gotta have something to do with the seats or some computer. Pretty sure I have the same box under my seat, last time I checked, and I don't have JBL. Don't feel like going outside and checking this late, I'll look in the morning though.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My old Camry, non-JBL didn't have anything under the seats except the vents.

·
Registered
2011 Camry XLE
1,461 Posts

Try "DRS".

XM receiver...

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh.. ur right, maybe that's why the cover looks a little different. Now that makes sense cause I do have XM. :D

·
Retrofit For the Win
494 Posts
That said, while the system is packing a lot of watts (450 watts I believe), it doesn't really sound much better than the regular factory system if at all. Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That said, while the system is packing a lot of watts (450 watts I believe), it doesn't really sound much better than the regular factory system if at all. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Well if ur playing from a CD or aux port, it is much better than stock. The stock system isn't bad, better than most cars even with some of their premium systems, but the JBL is just really good on the camry. I didn't believe it until I own one. :D FM radio quality is not that good but XM is good too.

And I'm not talking about blowing up the system, I rarely go past 20 on mine, I want to be able to hear everything, not just some screaming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.