Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
zup peepz.. well, i just purchase a fog light for my gen 3.5 camry.. i have installed the light into the bumper successfully.. and in my honest opinion.. it look bad ass.. lol.. so anyways.. i have problem.. i'm not sure to wire them.. below.. i drew them on ms paint.. the first pix.. it's the switch that i am going to use instead if the stock one(no leds).. but on the switch (the one in pix).. says ground wire.. (the circled one).. so, does that mean that i have to put another wire to connect the switch to ground?..

second pic was the blue power wire.. it's about 8 ft. long.. other end connect into the switch and in the middle was ain-line fuse(15 AMP).. well on instruction.. it says the "TO FUSE BOX or (+) BATTERY TERMINAL)" but i don't know what fuse box.. is it the one near steering wheel?.. and how do i connect this right there?...

i think that's it.. thankx for the help guys.. here's the pic BTW..

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
just hook that switch to a realy and mount the switch near the cig lighter, and then tap power from there, easy enough.

·
Yota4Life
1993 Toyota Camry
192 Posts
I do believe that the ground wire is so that the led on the switch will light up. So if you want the led to function just run a wire off of the switch to some type of ground, like a bolt or something around the area you are gonna place the switch.

·
Nitrous Ab(user) ......
94 Camry V6 XLE
158 Posts
Fog Light question.....

Hey, may I ask a question? I have a gen 3 and I got a set of fog lights from Advance Auto for $38.00 bux, they were cheap and they fit. Now, here is my question, The lights I got are pathetic.... dim, feeble, little candle light at best output. So, what fog lights brand or type is best for a brighter light? I know $38.00 bux is cheap, and you get what you pay for. Please, any advise on which ones are the best or at least brighter.
If you have photos too, that is great... if you have some chime in, let me know the brand and model number, so I can investigate a place to purchase!
Any help is appreciated as usual!
SCDTRD

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
just2asian said:
I do believe that the ground wire is so that the led on the switch will light up. So if you want the led to function just run a wire off of the switch to some type of ground, like a bolt or something around the area you are gonna place the switch.
^what he said =)

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
scdtrd said:
Hey, may I ask a question? I have a gen 3 and I got a set of fog lights from Advance Auto for $38.00 bux, they were cheap and they fit. Now, here is my question, The lights I got are pathetic.... dim, feeble, little candle light at best output. So, what fog lights brand or type is best for a brighter light? I know $38.00 bux is cheap, and you get what you pay for. Please, any advise on which ones are the best or at least brighter.
If you have photos too, that is great... if you have some chime in, let me know the brand and model number, so I can investigate a place to purchase!
Any help is appreciated as usual!
SCDTRD
I used to have a set of Catz FETA fog lights on my car before i got the body kit with the molded foglights. These units were great and offered tons of light. Unfortunatly, Catz stopped selling these in the US, so you might have to ebay a set. I have been meaning to put my used set on ebay since they are just sitting here in the garage. They are expensive but well worth it for light output.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
piaa :thumbup:

and as everybody else is saying- you don't HAVE to ground the switch- it's really just for the led

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
SMAN, how much for your used fog lights? also the ground is for the led, and the "power wire" goes to a power source...bat. +, or fuse panel.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Axel Kain said:
SMAN, how much for your used fog lights? also the ground is for the led, and the "power wire" goes to a power source...bat. +, or fuse panel.
A quick look an ebay shows that these go for $180 new and $100 used, so i figure i'll sell mine for $75 shipped. THey are the Catz Feta MSP series. This means it has a projector inside to help evenly disperse light and yellow tinted glass. One light is practily brand new since i pulled it off a Catz instore display, the other one has minor pitting from a year of use on my car. I'll include a full brand new wiring kit. I just have to pull the mounting brackets off my car. You may need to buy a few screws to hold it on your car.

here are some pictures i pulled from a website.

You can PM me for more info, and I can get pictures in a few days if needed.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
[SMAN] said:
A quick look an ebay shows that these go for $180 new and $100 used, so i figure i'll sell mine for $75 shipped. THey are the Catz Feta MSP series. This means it has a projector inside to help evenly disperse light and yellow tinted glass. One light is practily brand new since i pulled it off a Catz instore display, the other one has minor pitting from a year of use on my car. I'll include a full brand new wiring kit. I just have to pull the mounting brackets off my car. You may need to buy a few screws to hold it on your car.

here are some pictures i pulled from a website.

You can PM me for more info, and I can get pictures in a few days if needed.
i have those, i love them =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts